Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Peterborough, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally with perth and hopefully Brockville I'm pretty sure I will never be visting the Kingston SC again(and I regularly drive through Kingston). I don't think they will need a second Kingston site if they just would put in large enough Brockville site. Personally I would prefer them to focus on different new locations first. Demand will drop for Kingston then.
I completely agree, but they seem to be taking their time with Brockville. Wonder if there are logistical issues or what the deal is? For the Toronto - Ottawa run I would see myself using Belleville and Brockville, depending on which direction and the state of your bladder.

Reactions: surfaholic
I completely agree, but they seem to be taking their time with Brockville. Wonder if there are logistical issues or what the deal is? For the Toronto - Ottawa run I would see myself using Belleville and Brockville, depending on which direction and the state of your bladder.
The Brockville permit has been removed for some time now. It either expired (as it was on June 18th, 2018 - so long ago it was pegged at a 120 kw!!) or it needs a re - permit as a V3 (as new V2s are pretty much obsolete in North America, just the odd 72 kw here and there). People are talking about Toronto to Ottawa with highway 7 versus 401 and 416 with supercharging. They seem to overlook Brockville isn't just important for Ottawa. There's Montreal to Toronto. If pitiful 6 stall Kingston is full, that's quite the gap from say....Pointe Claire to Belleville (especially if one makes a bit of a detour). So Brockville is still more important than a second location in Kingston, in my opinion.

• Love
The Brockville permit has been removed for some time now. It either expired (as it was on June 18th, 2018 - so long ago it was pegged at a 120 kw!!) or it needs a re - permit as a V3 (as new V2s are pretty much obsolete in North America, just the odd 72 kw here and there). People are talking about Toronto to Ottawa with highway 7 versus 401 and 416 with supercharging. They seem to overlook Brockville isn't just important for Ottawa. There's Montreal to Toronto. If pitiful 6 stall Kingston is full, that's quite the gap from say....Pointe Claire to Belleville (especially if one makes a bit of a detour). So Brockville is still more important than a second location in Kingston, in my opinion.

Brockville will be essential in the winters in a SR+ Model 3. I go from Kingston to Orleans frequently and I can barely do the trip - closest has been arriving back in Kingston with 2% battery remaining. Having to drive less than 100 km/h to make it to a supercharger is ridiculous and unsafe.

The other option would be to stop briefly in Ottawa for a charge, but going into the Rideau center is even worse.

Anyways, this is supposed to be about the Peterborough supercharger, I'll stop by in the next few days and take some photos of the progress.

upload_2020-7-11_9-30-54.png

Peterborough is definitely a Tesla Supercharger - 7 or 8 stalls

Brockville will be essential in the winters in a SR+ Model 3. I go from Kingston to Orleans frequently and I can barely do the trip - closest has been arriving back in Kingston with 2% battery remaining. Having to drive less than 100 km/h to make it ...
I would consider taking hwy 15 or the 10 especially if you are driving 100 km/h to make it on the 401/416. With my S it gives me an extra 10-15% of my battery on arrival by taking the slower but shorter side 2 lane hwys.

I would consider taking hwy 15 or the 10 especially if you are driving 100 km/h to make it on the 401/416. With my S it gives me an extra 10-15% of my battery on arrival by taking the slower but shorter side 2 lane hwys.
Nepean's will help a little bit. Top up there in both directions for that trip. You probably wish you had long range instead. (sigh) Hang in there.

I have a 2019 Model 3. The Peterborough superchargers solve all my charging problems. My home charging is only 4 kw/hr and that is good enough for most days. But when I have back to back long trips (e.g. Ptb-Toronto) on consecutive days I can top up before I head home. Thanks Tesla.

Installation looks just about complete. Definitely 8 stalls.
I can't tell you how excited I am for this supercharger. This is a great location as I usually have to stop in Pickering (has an LCBO, but they recently closed the Sobey's) or Port Hope which is a desert of a truck stop - brutal. This Lansdowne location is awesome and is right en route to my cottage. I'm going to stop by on Friday to see whether this one's up and running - will try and remember to post an update here. Cheers!

Electrical company onsite at the Peterborough Supercharger. Photos by the Peterborough Examiner

6B853B87-FE9B-43D1-BF83-9340FC74ADD2.png

Attachments

• 971625B0-0A2D-4FB6-B293-46965492898A.png
    971625B0-0A2D-4FB6-B293-46965492898A.png
    926.9 KB · Views: 78
  • A7408902-4E0F-4B27-9B58-8C8098D3B201.png
    A7408902-4E0F-4B27-9B58-8C8098D3B201.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • 92B75EAD-5468-4040-BA43-B4EDB6D4E60D.png
    92B75EAD-5468-4040-BA43-B4EDB6D4E60D.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 71
Dropped by the new supercharger around 7pm yesterday and it looks completely done - ready for someone to flip the switch! Site was cleaned up (no pile of dirt as in photos from the morning), port-a-potties set to one side, and everything tidied up. Maybe in time for the long weekend?

Attachments

• A9825D07-E2F8-4030-BA56-5B8AFF4C7C70.jpeg
    A9825D07-E2F8-4030-BA56-5B8AFF4C7C70.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 72