Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Bern, NC - 3005 Dr. M.L.K. Jr Blvd

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Interesting location. So close to the existing one at Smithfield's. I wonder what the rationale is here.
I guess they have the numbers of travelers in the area and see this needing an upgrade in the near future. Lots of people going to the beach and need this as a "jump off point" to Morehead City and Emerald Isle especially as the weather gets warmer.

If I had to make a wild random guess when they were shopping for locations to install in the area both of these sites were very accommodating and with the first install so quick they decided to expand to this second location quickly. For example the city of New Bern's government is easy to work with and the electric company is quick to perform work and the property owners have no objections. Either way I am always happy for more SuC locations

p.s. I am surprised they didn't choose a Havelock site since it is a tiny bit closer to the coast, but I guess with the bypass going in it doesn't make much sense.

Reactions: nccars
Interesting location. So close to the existing one at Smithfield's. I wonder what the rationale is here.
Agreed that it's interesting, but I like it. I've been to another location at a Smithfield and I don't really care for that partnership. I rather be in a parking lot with Walmart, Jersey Mikes, and Chipotle.

Wish they would open one in Moorehead City, even if it's only a handful of stalls.

Reactions: tpedwards and GaryW
Looks like construction is well underway here. Photo from Tesla Owners - North Carolina Facebook page
superchargers NB.jpg