Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Philadelphia, PA - Penrose Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And the ironic thing is that I needed this when I was commuting there every day. Now I am mostly working from home.

wanna hear ironic? I accidentally broke my home charger in 2015 or 2016 and in order to charge my car, drove to the navy yard and had a coworker bring me back to work. Left it charge a few hours at a level 2. Another coworker brought me back to my car.

If it were now I would have just needed a 20 min stop at this charter. Times have certainly changed!

Reactions: jrreno
wanna hear ironic? I accidentally broke my home charger in 2015 or 2016 and in order to charge my car, drove to the navy yard and had a coworker bring me back to work. Left it charge a few hours at a level 2. Another coworker brought me back to my car.

If it were now I would have just needed a 20 min stop at this charter. Times have certainly changed!
You know there was a chademo there for a while. Penn State had a facility there. But their funding ran out a few years back and they tore down the net-zero house and took away the chargers with it.

You know there was a chademo there for a while. Penn State had a facility there. But their funding ran out a few years back and they tore down the net-zero house and took away the chargers with it.
Indeed I brought my Model S to an event or two at that facility! (Once upon a time when Teslas were very "ooooh ahhhhh")
This is shaping up to be a really nice location.
Agreed!
The very first Model S I ever saw parked in someone's own driveway within Philly city limits was a few hundred yards away, visible from Pattison between 20th and Penrose. Wonder if he/she still lives there and owns a Tesla.

Come to think of it, the very first Model S I ever saw in real life was just down the street, parked outside the Linc for Whiskey Fest 2012.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Getting wired up….
5D7CF519-08AB-43B7-8701-02D5D74980C5.jpeg
1EFB198F-085C-42D1-860A-36D0AAF611BF.jpeg
F4AF5BDB-DFEF-48DD-886E-20E9716FFDFD.jpeg

@GlmnAlyAirCar Hopefully you get to keep that schedule! I'm in the middle of a battle to stay remote (most of the time) but the next few weeks are pretty uncertain. I think companies will lose great talent if they mandate full office work.
Yeah I couldn’t agree more. No official word yet on staying remote but remaining hopeful. Of course it’s nice to get out and drive every so often 😀.

Superchargers are showing up everywhere. KOP, Aramingo, South Philly--this is insane. I love it.

I emailed a Wawa exec about the new Wawa being put at the corner of Frankford and Academy, literally at the I-95 ramp. Sadly he didn't get back to me. But I can't imagine a more perfect location other than actual highway rest stops.

But if I'm being totally honest, the new Jim Thorpe locations are way more important to me than any in Philly. Here I charge at home, but my round trips to Wilkes-Barre are now complete and perfect convenience, even if we want to do a quick turnaround in winter (in the old S), which had previously been a no go. Now we could opt for the way there or the way home, depending on the kiddo's napping needs. Perfection!

Reactions: Big Earl and jrreno
I emailed a Wawa exec about the new Wawa being put at the corner of Frankford and Academy, literally at the I-95 ramp. Sadly he didn't get back to me. But I can't imagine a more perfect location other than actual highway rest stops.

But if I'm being totally honest, the new Jim Thorpe locations are way more important to me than any in Philly. Here I charge at home, but my round trips to Wilkes-Barre are now complete and perfect convenience, even if we want to do a quick turnaround in winter (in the old S), which had previously been a no go. Now we could opt for the way there or the way home, depending on the kiddo's napping needs. Perfection!
I drove by that location today and was hoping that a SC could get put in there. One can dream.

• Love
Reactions: PhillyGal