Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marmet, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new Supercharger under construction was spotted this week in Marmet, West Virginia, about 15 miles southeast of Charleston on the West Virginia Turnpike (I-77/I-64). The news was first posted by Raymond Wyrick on the West Virginia Electric Auto Association FB page. Located at the Exxon/Little General store across the street from Krogers on MacCorkle Avenue in Marmet. About a quarter mile from the WV Turnpike/I-64/I-77 Marmet exit. The address is about 10410 MacCorkle Ave, Marmet, WV.
L
20240104_105145.jpg1704389628162.jpeg
20240104_105125.jpg

Last edited:
Anyway, looks like a good V3 splitter between (Chillicothe, OH or Ripley, WV or (not as good) Lexington, KY) and (Princeton, WV or Lewisburg, WV).
I was trying to figure out just why there was an empty lot on the river available for constructing a Supercharager station and a truck stop. I went used Google maps "View over time", looking back at the land use over the last 50 years, and it appears that area was used to tie up coal barges waiting to be filled at the coal dock just upstream. But with the crash in the coal market, that lot probably isn't needed as much for tying up and accessing barges.

Anyway, looks like a good V3 splitter between (Chillicothe, OH or Ripley, WV or (not as good) Lexington, KY) and (Princeton, WV or Lewisburg, WV).
The V2 in Charleston still sees some traffic. No longer full with cars waiting to charge, but not empty during the day either. Marmet may cut the Charleston traffic a bit. Also, Marmet is a good point to charge up for a trip into the eastern West Virginia mountains via US Rt. 60.

Marmet, WV

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Little General
Along Primary Interstates: I-64, I-77
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-60
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-64

To: Mt. Hope, WV (v2) - 44.8 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Lewisburg, WV - 100.4 miles

I-77

To: Charleston, WV (v2) - 12.9 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Ripley, WV - 49 miles

US-60

To: Lewisburg, WV - 97.5 miles
Diversion: 3.2 miles
To: Lexington, VA (v2) - 170.6 miles

V3 splitting in West Virginia on I-64 and I-77 as well as kinda-sorta on parallel US-60 for those who want to avoid Interstates.

I think I owe someone an apology for bad photography.

I believe this station will only have 8 stalls, not 12. I also believe I'm the source of the misunderstanding. The earlier photos I took of the Marmet Supercharger under construction were not very good. I just stuck my camera around the fence and snapped a couple pix. I've appended a better photo taken today from the grocery store parking lot across the street. This photo clearly shows 8 stalls and 2 rectifier cabinets serving those 8 stalls. It is definitely a V3, as the 2 cabinets support 4 stalls each.

Thanks for your patience.

Attachments

• 20240108_143611.jpg
    20240108_143611.jpg
    484.3 KB · Views: 65