Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pickering ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a round trip from my home in south etobicoke to Peterborough. Stopped at Pickering for a charge and lunch on the way home but I have a question about charging etiquette...

So I forward parked at the charger which was depicted earlier with the X parked improperly. Went to Boston Pizza for lunch. Car got to 90% while I was having lunch so I left to move my car when it was done. Only 2 of 20 stalls in use, but there was some kind of non-Tesla EV car parked beside me. Two people sitting in the car. Not sure why. Didn’t ask. We’re they trying to charge? Did they think this was EV parking?

Does it even matter? Given that there were 18 other stalls open. Should I have said something or what would you do?

It does not matter when 17/20 stalls are free. What is the best outcome that would result from this? They are enlightened and drive away. What is the worst outcome that would result from this? You could be attacked or worse.

If 20/20 stalls were free and you needed to charge then yes, ask away.

Reactions: Avronp and Struja
If it was me and I was waiting for my car to charge anyway, I might strike up a friendly conversation as a fellow EV driver, ask them about their car, how they like it, where do they usually charge, etc. If they were trying to figure out if they could use the supercharger, I'd explain that and offer to help find a nearby one they can use. If they weren't being friendly, I'd leave them alone. No need to try to kick them out if the others are all free, but they may be happy to chat or be looking for help.

Nice place to charge, pretty empty tho, on Sunday noon.
C3AB21B2-C078-49B5-9624-0410341E7B3D.jpeg

Reactions: mazeminder
Sobeys is closing August 31st. The cashier told me condos will be developed at the location. What will be the fate of the Pickering Supercharger?

Not sure. With condos going in I doubt I will see people drinking out of straight vodka bottles and getting in their black X with TESLAZENE on the side. Some weird stuff going on at that location last Sunday early AM. Was happy to get 30% and be on my way.

Updating this ancient thread to say two things people will hopefully find useful - one, Sobeys is now a “Memon” supermarket. Two, avoid the Kandahar Kabab place if you value your health - looks great, service is at best indifferent, food is downright nasty and maybe a health risk - a couple of us still feeling nauseous a day later. Ugh.