Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pismo Beach, CA (LIVE 8 Jun 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be a sign for indicating specific usage like Electrical Vans or car with a bike rack,
otherwise what are the chances to have this spot available when you will need it.

Why? Perhaps it's a drive-in spot ostensibly for those who would rather drive in, as opposed to back in. (like me) Other places have these as well.

Or, perhaps that is just what the layout/safety will permit so as not to block traffic entering the lot from the street? (I live in the burbs, so rarely drive my car in reverse, and am really slow and careful when backing into a SC stall with cars on both sides.)

Regardless, variety (pull in and back in) is the spice of life!

Stopped here on Tuesday the 5th at 2 pm. Only one spot available. We took it, but it wasn't working right - 17 kW at 23% with a preconditioned battery on a mild day. We waited just a few minutes until someone left and took that spot. Still only got up to 107 kW - likely because the utility is unable to provide enough power when this location is full. At least that was better than 17! On this same trip we hit V3 chargers with the same percentage and similar temps / preconditioning and briefly hit 250 kW before the taper. I did send a report in to Tesla about both issues.

• Informative
Reactions: goldengate