Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Placerville, CA - Broadway (LIVE Aug 30, 2019, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to go the Dr yesterday in Placerville so I stopped by around 1pm just to check it out. In real life I doubt I would ever need to stop here.

There were four cars charging when I got there and at the height of my 15 minute stay, it maxed at five cars. I suspect this will get fairly busy on weekends and holidays for people going to/from SLT.

Yes, finally! That took awhile. (I am in Canada at the moment, hence the small popup message on my screen giving me the option to select French as the Tesla website language)

3DB0B23F-3D3A-412A-AB25-5DE67B3A0D36.jpeg

I really like this station, as the drive up to Placerville along 49 is just splendid. I plug in, hit up the Teriyaki Bowl, and watch whatever's on in the car as it charges. Going back to Galt, the downhill saves me a few miles compared to the (slightly closer) Folsom chargers.

However, the locals seem to have a fetish for using the place for whatever, and more than a few times I've found a space ICE'd up. Life in the woods, I guess.

I visited this site on Monday and Friday of this week with my camper in tow. A few notes to anyone trailering there:
  • I wouldn't try to drop the trailer anywhere in the McDonald's parking lot except perhaps the marked spot. The downside to the marked spot is that there is a grate with a significant dip nearby and you could bottom out.
  • On Monday, we parked the Airstream on the bridge between the Superchargers and the McDonald's, but were kindly reminded that it is illegal to park on bridges in California. They allowed us to stay there, but I wouldn't do it again.
  • On Friday, we parked in the adjacent Rite-Aid parking lot. Take the first (westerly) entrance, as the second entrance has a slope that will likely bottom out whatever you're pulling. We were able to parallel in the farthest away spots, closest to the road.
IMG_3491.jpeg
IMG_3490.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
@ohmman thanks for your report. I looked at the Google Maps satellite view. Did you consider parking your trailer where I’ve placed a red pin on this screen capture? The Rite-Aid parking lot looks like it could get busy. Or perhaps just to the right of the word “Spanish” at the bottom center.,

View attachment 571343
Neither of those places would work, unfortunately. The former is narrower than it looks, and heavily trafficked. The area to the right of the word "Spanish" is an outdoor dining location (those are umbrellas), and it's the exit to the Rite-Aid parking lot. No chance in either spot.

There are very limited spots in the immediate area, and it may even be advisable to leave the camper in the Mosquito Road parking area on the other side of the 50W exit. Unfortunately, that's a longer walking distance than one might prefer.

The perfect place to park it is that abandoned onramp to Hw50 across the street. That's where CalTrans parks all of their stuff when they are working in the area.

Unfortunately it's fenced off from the Broadway side and I am sure you would get a ticket in about 10 minutes from CHP. :)

On Monday, we parked the Airstream on the bridge between the Superchargers and the McDonald's, but were kindly reminded that it is illegal to park on bridges in California. They allowed us to stay there, but I wouldn't do it again.

I am at a loss for words that our esteemed and collegial correspondent did not know about this particular section of the California Vehicle Code. He is so well-versed on so many subjects. :)

• Funny
Reactions: aesculus and ohmman