Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pleasanton, CA - Johnson Dr. (LIVE 30 Apr 2019, 10 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

I was getting my hair cut the other day and lady said they were putting in a Tesla charger out in the parking lot. I went outside and they did have about 12 parking spot enclosed in metal fence and were tearing up the some of the pavement. Also they had the street closed and were running cable under it.

The location is right off 580 East at the Hopyard exit. It is on the South side of 580. In the far end of parking lot of Home Depot. Directly across from the site is In and Out Burger. I posted some pictures of the construction and would appreciate someone validating if this is what Supercharger construction looks like.

I think it would be great if this is a SuperCharger. The new location would greatly relieve the crowds at the Dublin Supercharger, about is about 1 mile further West on the North side of 580.

Food options are pretty good. Right next door is Taco Bell and In-and-Out. 1000 feet West is a Starbucks and Home Depot (I can kill an hour looking at tools). 1000 feet or so East is Chick-fil-a and Black Bear Diner. Across Hopyard is Specialties Cafe and Bakery.

Attachments

• 20190223_120422.jpg
    20190223_120422.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 316
  • 20190223_120548.jpg
    20190223_120548.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 20190223_120132.jpg
    20190223_120132.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 246
Looks like 10 stalls at 6000 Johnson Dr: permit here

The permit doesn't say that it's superchargers, just "EV chargers". But the project value is $150k, which seems high for 10 of anything else.

From the project description:
Project Description:
Install 10 EV charging stalls for Tesla
Install 10 EV charging stalls for Tesla

EV charging stalls for Tesla, which I presume are Superchargers. I don't think 10 HPWCs would cost $150k. Also the applicant listed is Tesla, which makes sense for a Supercharger

Reactions: Ulmo
From the project description:

EV charging stalls for Tesla, which I presume are Superchargers. I don't think 10 HPWCs would cost $150k. Also the applicant listed is Tesla, which makes sense for a Supercharger

Thanks for posting this. I hope this helps relieves some of the lines at the Dublin SC. I wonder if the Supercharger at the Dublin Target is dead or was just delayed.

Reactions: Pluto
I wonder if these are Urban Superchargers. Seeing a number of these pop-up in the SF Bay Area.
It is hard to say until we actually see the pedestals delivered. For example the one being built in Antioch, CA at a Target is the standard V2. But the one being built in San Ramon (the second one; one is already open in San Ramon) is Urban. It almost seems like there isn't a lot of rhyme or reason between them. The second San Ramon one is actually closer to the freeway than the Antioch one (by a few yards - both are pretty close). So do they just decide it based on their current inventory then?

I wonder if the Supercharger at the Dublin Target is dead or was just delayed.
That one is still in permitting/plans review but is progressing.

I wonder if these are Urban Superchargers. Seeing a number of these pop-up in the SF Bay Area.
At this point, my guess would be that they will be the standard style. Usually for the urban type the numbers installed are higher than 10. It's not a hard limit though, so it could definitely turn out otherwise.

Took these photos earlier this week. Looks like the concrete pads for the stands are in. Not sure what the pipes by the cabinets are for. Maybe PG&E equipment?

2 weeks ago the crew said that the PG&E inspections/approvals can be kind of slow. And no doubt the rain is not helping.

Still progress from the previous week.

20190323_073110.jpg 20190323_072941.jpg

Attachments

• 20190323_073006.jpg
    20190323_073006.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 110
Reactions: mociaf9
Took these photos earlier this week. Looks like the concrete pads for the stands are in. Not sure what the pipes by the cabinets are for. Maybe PG&E equipment?

2 weeks ago the crew said that the PG&E inspections/approvals can be kind of slow. And no doubt the rain is not helping.

Still progress from the previous week.
The conduit coming up through the metal frames stamped "FRONT" are for the Supercharger cabinets. You can also see that they are stamped "AC" and "DC". The one conduit coming up next to the AC label is the power from the white distribution cabinets already installed. The two conduits coming up next to the DC label are for the cables going to the two pedestals powered by that cabinet. I believe they need to pour concrete again to bring it up flush to the top of the metal cabinet bases.

Reactions: jboy210