Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plymouth, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the map, Williamston area at one of those shopping centers near the Hwy 64- Hwy 17 interchange might make more sense to catch the North/South beach traffic. Either of those locations are pretty close to the rumored Rocky Mount supercharger and I wouldn't expect any action there for a few months. I wonder how those locations compare in "off the beaten path" factor to other Superchargers nationally?

I was in Raleigh last week test driving at their Retail location and David, Tesla's sales representative mentioned to me that Plymouth was coming, and another Supercharger location would be added either before Charlotte or either right after. He also stated a service center will open in Charlotte in the near future. I live out of Winston Salem so that's was great news to hear. Just thought I would share!

I cruised through Plymouth yesterday checking parking lots along 64 from the eastern edge of town to Williamston. I saw no definitive construction recognizable as a charging station. However, at the edge of town there is a major remodel of a rest area/visitor center and out front there was a sign for an industrial electrical contractor company. There were a lot of flags and roped of areas, but it was hard to make sense of what was going on where. It may make more sense to put a charger here with restrooms and picnic tables than in a Piggly Wiggly parking lot. I'll keep an eye out for changes.

pgiralt, the rest area is on 64, on the eastern side of town past Washington County Hospital and the Rehab center. It is not marked as a rest area on Google Maps just looked for the looped road around what looks like a park.

Took a trip down to Plymouth today; the SC definitely wasn't at the mini rest area... while there was plenty of construction going on there, it apparently wasn't open for business (parking lot and entrance not plowed), so about got stuck there making a loop through while the construction workers gawked. :redface:

On the way back through town, drove around a few strip malls before arriving at the other end of town, and on a whim pulled into the Holiday Inn Express to see if it might be there. Turns out, it was! :cool:

Not much to do there, only thing nearby is a Bojangles fast food restaurant and a credit union. Charger worked fine!

Map of the area: 35.850609,-76.756162 - Google Maps

Photo near the hotel parking lot entrance, SC in the distant right background:
IMG_2666.JPG

View from the end of the row:
IMG_2663.jpg

View from the hotel side entrance:
IMG_2662.JPG