Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Poncha Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As mentioned way earlier in this thread, the address Tesla is using doesn't really map quite right. Something like "120 Chipeta Ave" gives better results. I tried to add it to plugshare a couple of weeks ago but the powers-that-be apparently didn't go for my listing (I've added L2 charging locationa successfully a number of times). Perhaps I'll try again.

DGP,

I tried adding the Fresno SC to Plugshare when it first opened, as I was there as the Tesla tech was doing his voodoo to open the stalls. It would not allow me to add an orange DC pin.

About 2-3 days later, the orange pin was added by the Plugshare folks themselves. Apparently, Plugshare restricts the types of additions by the hoi polloi.

DGP,

I tried adding the Fresno SC to Plugshare when it first opened, as I was there as the Tesla tech was doing his voodoo to open the stalls. It would not allow me to add an orange DC pin.

About 2-3 days later, the orange pin was added by the Plugshare folks themselves. Apparently, Plugshare restricts the types of additions by the hoi polloi.
Yes, I found that also. I just reported the site and requested that it be given a Tesla plug designation and said that it is now officially open. Not that it really matters since our cars know where it is, but plugshare is nice to put "check-in" comments and pictures.

I stopped by on Friday, it appeared on my navigation about 25 miles before i arrived and is there now, Talked to another driver that was there, he sad it wasn't on his yet.
When we charged there back on the 3rd, I was surprised that it didn't get added to the map in the car. When we charged at other new Superchargers, such as Brush, they showed up once we plugged in.

ECC74BF4-F367-462D-B969-0C0481C4425A.jpeg 2F181859-B4E5-4373-86FF-E747E5CD2C24.jpeg 9330E8C1-2B1B-4701-AA29-A6D6B62222CB.jpeg 4FA050F3-317A-40E8-BF8A-79A283B8E195.jpeg 7959DE32-0F60-4C18-BF20-E568AA6A4A54.jpeg We were in Poncha Springs this morning and stopped into the store/market located at the Supercharger. It has the offerings of a small convenience store along with a deli and WiFi. The store has been renamed “ Poncha Market”. The new owners have done some remodeling, removed the bar, set up some tables and chairs, and generally made it more appealing than before. There are Men and Women’s restrooms that are clean and available for Tesla travelers. We met the new owners and they are anxious to serve their Tesla customers. I took a few pictures of the inside including the menus on the wall to provide some insight to what they have to offer.

View attachment 282601 View attachment 282602 View attachment 282603 View attachment 282604 View attachment 282605 We were in Poncha Springs this morning and stopped into the store/market located at the Supercharger. It has the offerings of a small convenience store along with a deli and WiFi. The store has been renamed “ Poncha Market”. The new owners have done some remodeling, removed the bar, set up some tables and chairs, and generally made it more appealing than before. There are Men and Women’s restrooms that are clean and available for Tesla travelers. We met the new owners and they are anxious to serve their Tesla customers. I took a few pictures of the inside including the menus on the wall to provide some insight to what they have to offer.

Those prices look great. Much better supporting a local business than a franchise fast food joint like so many other charger locations! Thanks for the info on the offerings.

A great activity, if you are a serious mountain biker, that starts at this Supercharger, is the Monarch Crest Mountain Bike Trail. A shuttle takes you from this location to the top of Monarch Crest Pass. The Colorado Trail along the Continental Divide heads south, and then back down to Poncha Springs. This is a serious mountain bike ride, and the time to do it is probably longer than SuperCharger protocol allows, but you can figure it out.

See High Valley Bike Shuttle and have fun in the Rocky Mountains!

View attachment 282601 View attachment 282602 View attachment 282603 View attachment 282604 View attachment 282605 We were in Poncha Springs this morning and stopped into the store/market located at the Supercharger. It has the offerings of a small convenience store along with a deli and WiFi. The store has been renamed “ Poncha Market”. The new owners have done some remodeling, removed the bar, set up some tables and chairs, and generally made it more appealing than before. There are Men and Women’s restrooms that are clean and available for Tesla travelers. We met the new owners and they are anxious to serve their Tesla customers. I took a few pictures of the inside including the menus on the wall to provide some insight to what they have to offer.
The little deli/store has added "Tesla" to their sign:

42590678881_b65c84e578_c.jpg

Although I was the only Tesla customer at the time, the little store was doing pretty good business from people just stopping by (not just gas customers, so far as I could tell).

When I had lunch there, I thanked the new owner for putting in the chargers and she said she wasn't involved. Maybe Tesla just leases that little plot of land?
When we were there after it first opened, the previous owner stopped by and said that he had worked with Tesla to get the Supercharger location. He then sold the gas station to the current owners.