Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portage, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news for my upcoming trip back to Kzoo. A supercharger right in this spot was sorely needed and will undoubtedly be a really busy one.

I'm surprised that the "open" status doesn't show up yet on Tesla's main web-based listings It's been a few days now. Good though that it shows up in the vehicle first.

I just charged here a few nights ago. It’s a fairly dark area on the side of the Meijer facing the loading dock. The front of the store and the front parking lot are not easily seen from the charging spaces and the lighting in the area is dim. I saw some light foot traffic along the side and front of the area…did not exactly feel safe and secure at night.

• Informative
Reactions: mrau and tm3dlr
I just charged here a few nights ago. It’s a fairly dark area on the side of the Meijer facing the loading dock. The front of the store and the front parking lot are not easily seen from the charging spaces and the lighting in the area is dim. I saw some light foot traffic along the side and front of the area…did not exactly feel safe and secure at night.
I had the same thoughts. That's also the most run down Meijer I've ever been to

I'll check it out myself this weekend. Might be a good approach to send Meijer Customer Service an email or do a review of that partucular store, referencing the new Supercharger. Meijer is a pretty responsive company so maybe they'll take it to heart.

Stopped here a week ago. 250kw, really fast. Perfect location. Kalamazoo really needed this! And the Meijers was fine. Not at all sketchy, and the chargers are no darker than many others.
PXL_20210718_155625728.jpg
PXL_20210718_155722227.jpg

Stopped by here Tuesday and lots of construction fences around the SC area and up to the entrance. A construction worker said they are 're-configuring'--whatever that was supposed to mean! I have shopped at dozens of Meijer's in 4 states for 50 years and this one is the dumpiest one I have ever been in. The bathroom was pretty nasty. The store needs a MAJOR cleaning. Will try to avoid this location in future, which should be easier when Detroit SC opens.

Stopped by here Tuesday and lots of construction fences around the SC area and up to the entrance. A construction worker said they are 're-configuring'--whatever that was supposed to mean! I have shopped at dozens of Meijer's in 4 states for 50 years and this one is the dumpiest one I have ever been in. The bathroom was pretty nasty. The store needs a MAJOR cleaning. Will try to avoid this location in future, which should be easier when Detroit SC opens.

This location is being rebuilt while it is still open for business. The parking lot has a ton of construction equipment, materials and looks to be a staging pad for work going on inside the store.

Once the construction is complete, all facilities (including restrooms) should be inline with all of the other newer Meijer stores. 100% agree about this Meijer location being very tired and worn, but it won't be for much longer.

If you have a CCS adapter, two miles down the road (5-7 minute drive), there are EA 350kW stations at the Sam's Club.