Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rifle, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rifle, CO

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Sonic
Along Primary Interstates: I-70
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-6
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-70

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 25.7 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 73.5 miles

US-6

To: Glenwood Springs, CO (v2) - 26.3 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Edwards, CO - 75.3 miles

More V3 density on I-70 and another Sonic.

Also, it's located at the end of CO-13, helping connection to and from the North.

IMG_0667.jpeg

WOW! The Transformer is going in FIRST? That could mean the Supercharger Station could “possibly” be open in a couple of weeks!
I have been driving Teslas for 7 years and have watched the network grow over the past 10 years, and the rate of acceleration in station installations is very exciting, but I have also seen, bureaucratic nonsense drag out for months, and sometimes years, but this looks really good!

WOW! The Transformer is going in FIRST? That could mean the Supercharger Station could “possibly” be open in a couple of weeks!
I have been driving Teslas for 7 years and have watched the network grow over the past 10 years, and the rate of acceleration in station installations is very exciting, but I have also seen, bureaucratic nonsense drag out for months, and sometimes years, but this looks really good!
Depends on what is needed as far as site prep. If they are replacing one of the drive in areas with chargers they will most likely need to demo that first. If they have open parking areas that are being converted to chargers then that could be a short turnaround. Are there any markings indicating where the power is being trenched to?

Stopped by at the Sonic, and to my untrained eye, I see no progress on the construction of anything that resembles a Supercharger (at least to my untrained eye). The last picture is across the street in an open lot, could they possibly have decided to locate it there instead? The other side of the Sonic has no open parking, only drive in stalls that seem to be very much in use.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpeg
    IMG_2183.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2184.jpeg
    IMG_2184.jpeg
    752.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2185.jpeg
    IMG_2185.jpeg
    627 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2186.jpeg
    IMG_2186.jpeg
    765.7 KB · Views: 57
Stopped by at the Sonic, and to my untrained eye, I see no progress on the construction of anything that resembles a Supercharger (at least to my untrained eye). The last picture is across the street in an open lot, could they possibly have decided to locate it there instead? The other side of the Sonic has no open parking, only drive in stalls that seem to be very much in use.
That large transformer is for Tesla. They would not have placed it there if that had to trench under a street to install the chargers. Sonic seems to be removing drive in stalls since customers favor drive thru (based on employee feedback on another SC install at a Sonic).

Reactions: JamesEarl15