Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rifle, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by at the Sonic, and to my untrained eye, I see no progress on the construction of anything that resembles a Supercharger (at least to my untrained eye). The last picture is across the street in an open lot, could they possibly have decided to locate it there instead? The other side of the Sonic has no open parking, only drive in stalls that seem to be very much in use.
I have been by there a couple times. Judging by where that transformer is, the spots are going to be right where your model 3 is parked :) That is right next to the transformer. The drive in stalls are pretty far away from that. I have attached a google shot - I marked in Blue where the transformer is. Seems pretty obvious they are going to put it in those parking spaces I have highlighted in purple with the Red where the chargers would be. Pretty simple and takes no major work.
But yes, there is nothing happening and hasn't for a little while now - seems like the wait now is on Tesla to start doing their work.
:)
image_2023-09-05_184447540.png

Stopped by on October 13, 2023 and there are still no signs of construction. There are 3 transformers on the corner, but no indication that they are part of the Supercharger Installation. Previous posts informed us the Easternmost Transformer is new, and looks appropriate for the Supercharger Stalls to be installed along the street as per previously discussed.
Nothing new to post

Good progress for this week. There were two guys even there working on it at 4:00 today (Saturday) so my pictures are a little further back, as I felt weird taking pictures of them working :) They have trenched out the area for all the charging stations, and lots of pipes in the main area.

Attachments

• 20231118_161328.jpg
    20231118_161328.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 20231118_161416.jpg
    20231118_161416.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 61
New update - looks like we are really close! Sorry for the night time pics. The stalls are interesting - there are 12 total (not the stated 8 on here) so that is exciting!View attachment 1001209View attachment 1001210View attachment 1001212
8 was only an estimate based on available parking stalls. Nothing officially stated 8. Were they all in a row east Of the transformer? Looking at the satellite again, there could be 12 stalls there. Definitely more than 8.

8 was only an estimate based on available parking stalls. Nothing officially stated 8. Were they all in a row east Of the transformer? Looking at the satellite again, there could be 12 stalls there. Definitely more than 8.
Ah - I thought the permit stated how many there were going to be, didn't realize it was just an estimate :) There are 12 stalls - I counted them - hard to see all of them in the picture. They do all line up (actually to the west) of the transformer. The interesting thing was there were 6 stalls, then a bigger gap, then the additional 6. Not sure why the big gap - unless it just has to do with how it lines up with the drive through line at sonic.

Ah - I thought the permit stated how many there were going to be, didn't realize it was just an estimate :) There are 12 stalls - I counted them - hard to see all of them in the picture. They do all line up (actually to the west) of the transformer. The interesting thing was there were 6 stalls, then a bigger gap, then the additional 6. Not sure why the big gap - unless it just has to do with how it lines up with the drive through line at sonic.
Gaps are usually ADA walkways or wider stalls for ADA.

And west of the transformer is the bank parking lot. The transformer is at the southwest corner of the sonic property. At least from the looks of all prior posts. The liquor sign is to the east so the chargers run to the east. I just asked because I could only make out 10 stalls but black bags in the distance in the dark aren’t easy to see.

Gaps are usually ADA walkways or wider stalls for ADA.

And west of the transformer is the bank parking lot. The transformer is at the southwest corner of the sonic property. At least from the looks of all prior posts. The liquor sign is to the east so the chargers run to the east. I just asked because I could only make out 10 stalls but black bags in the distance in the dark aren’t easy to see.
That is hilarious - I am directionally challenged I guess - Can't believe I had in my head that was west, you are correct - east - sorry for the confusion everyone. There are actually 12 - the first one doesn't show up in the picture (the far right of the picture showing the most of them you see my pillar and there is a charger just beyond that out of the picture) So while you see 5 and then a bigger space then more, it is actually 6, then the bigger space, than 6 more - but are so far down the line, the fence messes with your ability to see them :)

Reactions: Mrbrock
My wife was running errands in Rifle and took some snapshots of the station; actively being worked on today. Could see this being activated in a couple weeks. A little disappointing that the long delay was not due to Magic Dock units or even V4 stalls; along with no pull through for trailers either (though with the Sonic’s parking lot I don’t know how that would ever work.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpeg
    IMG_3599.jpeg
    404.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3598.jpeg
    IMG_3598.jpeg
    458.5 KB · Views: 26