Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverside, CA (LIVE 28 Dec 2017, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Tesla website shows plans for a MoVal location by the end of this year. Riverside wasn’t suppose to be done until end of 2018 either though...
I'm guessing it will be near the shopping center... so technically in Riverside. Either there or the Walmart down the 10 would be good locations but the shopping center one would serve both the 60 and the 215. Both are about 15 minutes from my house so that will be nice to have. I bet they are also the 72Kw chargers.
But back to Riverside's thread:
I've been to this charger before it was finished, and I actually parked there a year or more before and I have never paid to park there, so I can vouch that there are many times that it is free and open. I haven't charged there so I can't give anyone a report on how fast the chargers are. Next time I need to Ill charge and report but by then I doubt anyone will care. Has anyone tried the chargers downstairs yet?

Stopped by yesterday on our way home from Big Bear... About 7 other Tesla's there charging and I got a consistent 70kwh. GPS had a little issue finding the exact parking garage but for those who have a little trouble; it's right across the street from an AYCE sushi place. Pretty interesting place to have a charger; the area reminded me of downtown Oakland for some odd reason.

Reactions: David99
There is now a sign at the paying booth which indicates that parking is now free for charging Teslas.
IMG_0823.JPG

Wanted to update everyone on the Riverside Super Chargers. I went to charge today and found that the parking for Tesla SC is now free. When first openned it was not . How ever the management changed the policy just after openning the SC. The top floor has 22 SC and the bottom floor just right of the Gate has two SC. The bottom two SC are designed for handicap but are not legally assigned to Handicap the sign reads. "designed for handicap please use these last." See attached photos.

Attachments

• SC Riverside Handicapt.jpg
    SC Riverside Handicapt.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 184
  • SC Riverside Free parking.jpg
    SC Riverside Free parking.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 53713354867__CEC519EF-CB93-4FB9-B55C-6DDED7F09A3C.JPG
    53713354867__CEC519EF-CB93-4FB9-B55C-6DDED7F09A3C.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 53713378309__34AC929F-C699-4842-AAE4-457BBEB0950D.JPG
    53713378309__34AC929F-C699-4842-AAE4-457BBEB0950D.JPG
    361.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike
Charged here on Friday evening. On the way in, the attendant waved us in and it felt almost VIP. Was pretty stoked given parking EVERYWHERE was $10 or worse due to the lights/carnival event. We planned on attending the event anyway so it was like a double freebie when you add in the charge. Parked at the bay closest to the transformers and got 70kW almost immediately. Arrived with around 30% SOC. There was a Model X owner that was having difficulty (he was parked on the opposite end) and I told him to come down by me and plugged into the 3rd one down. When I came back 45 mins later, I was 98% full and he was still sitting there charging so I'm assuming all was well for him after moving. Overall, a great addition to the network. Plenty to do near the parking structure and sounds like the garage is free straight away for Tesla owners moving forward.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
622A1049-36A9-4601-8A87-A1F7A6318F2A.jpeg
Finally was able to swing by this place. It’s pretty empty. A lot of stalls, it a lot of people using it. The location after business hours is pretty creepy. Not as creepy as Downtown Vegas. Most of the shoppes are closed, out of business, or empty of customers. It’s 6:00 PM! The streets and sidewalks barely have anyone walking around.

Charging was slow at 42kwh. I was at 40% left capacity.

• Informative
The location after business hours is pretty creepy. Not as creepy as Downtown Vegas. Most of the shoppes are closed, out of business, or empty of customers. It’s 6:00 PM! The streets and sidewalks barely have anyone walking around.
We were at this site, for the first time, on a recent Friday evening at dusk. There were people dining al fresco at nearby, street-level restaurants. The area seemed clean and we felt safe. Only one other Tesla vehicle was charging, so the SC area was admittedly pretty empty.

Charging was slow at 42 kW. I was at 40% left capacity.
That's odd. We only charged for a few minutes, just to familiarize ourselves with the location, but the charge rate was 70 kW as expected. Had I only gotten 42 kW, I definitely would have tried a different stall.

• Informative