Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - Victory Blvd (LIVE 28 Jun 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife sent me a text with the attached photo of a new lot of 24 V3 chargers going up in the small lot between the Hobby Lobby and O-Reilly Auto Parts. This blew my mind since it was not on any list I have seen before. People have been asking about new Superchargers being added but most assumed it would be an addition to the existing 3rd street parking structure.
I checked the Burbank permits online and bingo. Confirmed 24 Tesla V3 superchargers being fed off of 6 cabinets. (See photo) This location will be tricky to get in and out of since its a side lot with access off of Lomita. There is currently a brick wall between this lot and the Hobby Lobby parking lot. Not sure if they will keep this wall or take it down for easier access.
What a pleasant surprise. I live blocks from here. Address is officially 677 N Victory Blvd, Burbank

Attachments

• Burbank_Hobby_Lobby_Superchargers.jpg
    Burbank_Hobby_Lobby_Superchargers.jpg
    619.2 KB · Views: 415
  • SuperCharger_Permit_Burbank.PNG
    SuperCharger_Permit_Burbank.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 181
OMG, I swear I went last night to check on the building on Orange Grove Blvd. I was like there is no way that this permit (orange Grove is ready on Q2 of 2023. I said: there has to be another site in progress somewhere in Burbank. I did some driving but I could Not see anything. I actually drove close to this site. Amazing news. This area definitely needs as many plugs as possible.

Reactions: CaboJoe
This site will be a hit. Especially if they all have Magicdocks to charge non Teslas. There is Burger King, Lancers, Aldi's, Honny Lobby, HomeGoods and O'Reilly's within walking distance. Burbank is going to be an even bigger EV stopping point.
Looking at the stalls, they do not have magic dock on. Yes, Burbank is turning to be a Supercharger hotspot, like Santa Monica, Pasadena etc.

Does anyone know if this Victory site is taking place of the one that had been scheduled on Grove? The Grove location would have been located next to San Fernando Blvd with its shops and restaurants.

Looks like the question of magic dock might be irrelevant soon. Now both Ford and GM announced they will adopt the NACS/Tesla charge port. All these new charger installations will have a lot more potential customers beyond Tesla. Hold on to your hats. I expect Rivian to make the same decision soon. VW will be the interesting question.
Indeed. I think soon we should start to see even bigger build outs in busy area like Los Angeles in order to accomodate the even bigger influx Superchargers will have beginning next year.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Indeed. I think soon we should start to see even bigger build outs in busy area like Los Angeles in order to accomodate the even bigger influx Superchargers will have beginning next year.
They already are. A new 40 stall v3 was just installed in Sherman Oaks. A new 40 stall v3 was just installed in Culver City. There is a 32 stall charger going in in West Holly with a drive in movie theatre screen. Another 24 stall v3 was just installed in Northridge. There was another I think 40 and 16 stall built in Santa Monica just recently. This 26 stall in Burbank is being added to a new 8 stall on San Fernando installed last year. there is a 100 stall v3 supercharger being added in Barstow. There is total of 100 stalls in the newest chargers at Harris Ranch. I know I've missed many. But they are on a monumental roll.

They already are. A new 40 stall v3 was just installed in Sherman Oaks. A new 40 stall v3 was just installed in Culver City. There is a 32 stall charger going in in West Holly with a drive in movie theatre screen. Another 24 stall v3 was just installed in Northridge. There was another I think 40 and 16 stall built in Santa Monica just recently. This 26 stall in Burbank is being added to a new 8 stall on San Fernando installed last year. there is a 100 stall v3 supercharger being added in Barstow. There is total of 100 stalls in the newest chargers at Harris Ranch. I know I've missed many. But they are on a monumental roll.
yeah totally, but i meant even more. Bunch of Ford and GM vehicles coming the Tesla SC way.

Is there any sign that the wall between the chargers and the main parking lot will come down? I hope it does because the access to the chargers now requires access from the back off of a half residential street. It will make traffic in Chandler busier vs just accessing off of Victory Blvd.

Is there any sign that the wall between the chargers and the main parking lot will come down? I hope it does because the access to the chargers now requires access from the back off of a half residential street. It will make traffic in Chandler busier vs just accessing off of Victory Blvd.
Probably NOT, on the other side of the wall, there is a curve not a road entrance or driveway of any kind. I see the wall both ways: positive because ZERO chance of a dumb one ICEing any stalls and negative because you have to go drive and enter in the back which honestly is not a great deal to me. And Once you park ypu can walk towards the main parking lot.

Probably NOT, on the other side of the wall, there is a curve not a road entrance or driveway of any kind. I see the wall both ways: positive because ZERO chance of a dumb one ICEing any stalls and negative because you have to go drive and enter in the back which honestly is not a great deal to me. And Once you park ypu can walk towards the main parking lot.
That's a good about not having people squat in the EV spots by being in an isolated lot. We can push this concept even farther by putting up an automated gate at the lot entrance that you have to use the Tesla app to open to get in.