Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burbank, CA - Victory Blvd (LIVE 28 Jun 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the construction fence is down I see people parking in the spots closest to the auto parts store. This is going to be interesting to watch. A lot of people used those spots to get to the auto store assuming they were for that store. I sure did. There are still signs on the wall of the auto parts store facing the spots saying they are for deliveries only. I hope the transition is smooth but humans will be humans.

They need to open this site sooner rather than later. This morning both San Fernando and the 1st Street mall chargers were full, just like last night. I'm assuming they are waiting on the city of Burbank whom slows everything down. If I could call someone in the city administration to grease the skids, I would.

I believe the 40-ish stall Burbank grove Ave. location will be sorely needed too, at the pace of the new car sales, plus the other car makes using our chargers.

Someone could call either the applicant for the permit or the contractor on the permit. Their phone numbers are listed. (See permit photo I posted). One of them might let us know how close the final signoff is.
Burbank is slow on certain permit types (I did an addition to our house in Burbank) but charger installation has been pretty cookie cutter since the supercharger equipment is highly standardized now. Permits get reviewed by multiple city groups like fire, traffic, DWP, legal, etc. At this point the only thing left should be final electrical checks.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
They need to open this site sooner rather than later. This morning both San Fernando and the 1st Street mall chargers were full, just like last night. I'm assuming they are waiting on the city of Burbank whom slows everything down. If I could call someone in the city administration to grease the skids, I would.

I believe the 40-ish stall Burbank grove Ave. location will be sorely needed too, at the pace of the new car sales, plus the other car makes using our chargers.
Yeah. Everytime i check during daytime, both old Burbank (mall) and baby Burbank (San Fernando) are totally FULL. at this site, the transformer has been in place for over a week now.

Attachments

• 65D53B28-EEF6-490C-8344-D5B0C840041E.jpeg
    65D53B28-EEF6-490C-8344-D5B0C840041E.jpeg
    330.9 KB · Views: 90
Charged here tonight. App knows it’s there, but NAV does not yet. App can’t even send the location to the car successfully.

There are spots that are Cybertruck and Hummer sized. There are no pull thrus, but a couple of stalls, one can pull in with a trailer, and not block anything.

This is so needed in the area. Great job, Tesla!

Someone could call either the applicant for the permit or the contractor on the permit. Their phone numbers are listed. (See permit photo I posted). One of them might let us know how close the final signoff is.
Burbank is slow on certain permit types (I did an addition to our house in Burbank) but charger installation has been pretty cookie cutter since the supercharger equipment is highly standardized now. Permits get reviewed by multiple city groups like fire, traffic, DWP, legal, etc. At this point the only thing left should be final electrical checks.
I ended up calling both numbers that day you posted this. Not sure if this was the impetus to grease the skids but, boom. Victory was on and working the next day.

Out of those phone calls, a contractor for Tesla called me today to let me know it was on line today, but obviously i already knew. He said his company was building a new charger in Valencia somewhere as well as the Glendale Fashion Center on the roof. But his company wasn’t doing the Burbank Orange Grove proposed site and he didn’t know about that one.

Btw I stopped by Victory today— should we call it Hobby Lobby instead of the baby charger in San Fernando and the mall charger? There were about 10 people charging, and still, both other chargers both baby supercharger and mall supercharger, we’re both full per my NaV.

Reactions: CaboJoe
This new charger today shows as under maintenance in the NaV. Since it’s so close to home i stopped by there to see yellow tape on all but about 5 or 6 chargers.

One guy was charging just fine and i plugged in to one of the non-taped chargers to check and got about 200kw speeds.

Tesla Charging never added the San fernando location to the map, even after couple of mentions on twitter.
Very odd. Because it shows up on the Tesla App…. So I guess Burbank will have 3 locations! 4 if you count the Tesla service center.

speaking of, that Tesla building is way small for the a,ount if volume it gets…. Like in Upland there is a huge one. Not to be off topic but does anyone know if they are planning on building a bigger Tesla service center/showroom in the valley?

Reactions: rayluis1988
Very odd. Because it shows up on the Tesla App…. So I guess Burbank will have 3 locations! 4 if you count the Tesla service center.

speaking of, that Tesla building is way small for the a,ount if volume it gets…. Like in Upland there is a huge one. Not to be off topic but does anyone know if they are planning on building a bigger Tesla service center/showroom in the valley?
Yeah is weird but is not the first time. It also happened with the 8 stalls in Culver City and after a direct tag on twitter, they added it to the mao after months of being open. And yes the valley needs another service center badly, Burbank is overrun and Van Nuys gets pretty Busy as well.

It’s showed up in my NAV, but had shown it as busy. I would drive there anyway and see about 6 or 7 stalls operational and the rest taped off. I’d charge anyway successfully and I was never alone doing so. Recently the NAV shows the stalls that are down and that it is operational.

There is still a 4th 20stall Burbank Grove Ave supercharger permit that is listed in Supercharger.info. Despite the 3rd supercharger in the city here on Victory, Burbank will definitely need it.

It’s showed up in my NAV, but had shown it as busy. I would drive there anyway and see about 6 or 7 stalls operational and the rest taped off. I’d charge anyway successfully and I was never alone doing so. Recently the NAV shows the stalls that are down and that it is operational.

There is still a 4th 20stall Burbank Grove Ave supercharger permit that is listed in Supercharger.info. Despite the 3rd supercharger in the city here on Victory, Burbank will definitely need it.
Grove ave in the parking deck?

Happened to charge at this supercharger the other day and it was super slow, left it charging for 30 minutes while I shopped and only gained like 30 miles range. Today I see it has the wrench icon, wonder if something isn't quite working right yet since it just opened.

Happened to charge at this supercharger the other day and it was super slow, left it charging for 30 minutes while I shopped and only gained like 30 miles range. Today I see it has the wrench icon, wonder if something isn't quite working right yet since it just opened.
I charged on Thursday and it zinged up to 250kw pretty quickly. I had started at about 30% as well. I believe there were about 6-8 spots available, so it was more than half full.

I charged on Thursday and it zinged up to 250kw pretty quickly. I had started at about 30% as well. I believe there were about 6-8 spots available, so it was more than half full.
Yeah, I went again yesterday and it charged way faster, seems to be working fine now. Maybe I just had bad luck the first time on the two chargers I tried. Yesterday's charge was a flawless experience tho.