Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1695.jpeg

Still no juice. Three guys from Tesla were testing or something. They were emphatic they are NOT the ones turning it on or deciding when to turn it on.

Slightly weird but Rockland does not show up in Tesla Findus, not even as future site.

Sounds like they might have been instructed to try to sell that story yesterday. They are clearly there doing appears to be site commissioning. It is possible new sites with v4 posts have an additional process before they go live of course. Bottom line there is power to the posts and they are there testing each post (hence the Tesla's there to test charging) and presumably this site will be live very soon.

As to not showing on the Tesla Findus site - that is completely normal. There are many sits permitted or under construction that don't show up on that site until they go live. Oh, and PlugShare takes a feed from Tesla for superchargers, so shows up there when it shows up on Tesla's site.

Sounds like they might have been instructed to try to sell that story yesterday. They are clearly there doing appears to be site commissioning. It is possible new sites with v4 posts have an additional process before they go live of course. Bottom line there is power to the posts and they are there testing each post (hence the Tesla's there to test charging) and presumably this site will be live very soon.

As to not showing on the Tesla Findus site - that is completely normal. There are many sits permitted or under construction that don't show up on that site until they go live. Oh, and PlugShare takes a feed from Tesla for superchargers, so shows up there when it shows up on Tesla's site.

The additional testing could be because it's NEVI and they had to test that the readers were working. These could be the first Tesla NEVI chargers, and they have to meet the rules. (Although the rules include 1000V, which the charger cabinets don't currently meet).

Reactions: Tdreamer
In case anybody was in doubt about the V4-ness of the installation, here's the screen and you also see the outline of "Magic Dock" adapter:
View attachment 1013092

I thought I'd check out the cord length. I was initially parked like this. My Kona EV has the port at the front so obviously this wouldn't be a problem any more, but I figured I'd gauge it for the "Detroit" position. It was about 34F, and it's off so the cord isn't the most flexible.d

View attachment 1013094

I parked initially not to close to the charger since I don't want to hit anything and I don't have front sensors.
You can see in the background that one of the sign poles already needs a fix.

View attachment 1013095

The cord didn't reach too well, but definitely better than at a V3! Shorter-hooded cars like the Bolt (and hopefully the Boltium) shouldn't have a problem.

So I moved my car a bit closer and the plug now reached more easily close to the door.

View attachment 1013093
So do these have Magic Docks?

Yes - all v4 posts have that built-in.

Rockland is show live and supporting non-Tesla charging on the tesla findus site. It's showing a wait in the mobile app (and an error when you click on it for details) - this has been seen at a number of sites recently the day they went live.

View attachment 1020552
That's exciting! Not in PlugShare yet...does that typically get updated quickly, too?

Rockland is show live and supporting non-Tesla charging on the tesla findus site

1708553201231-png.1020552
Has that big blue "Charge Non-Tesla" button been there for a while now presumably for those who don't want to download Tesla app? It links to https://www.tesla.com/charging/guest/site/30589 where you can see stall availability, select a post number and pay with card:

Plug In To Start Charging After Paying​
By charging your vehicle, you authorize Tesla to charge your credit card at the rate listed above. You also agree to the Terms of Use and idle fees. See Tesla.com/legal for details. A temporary 20 USD authorization hold will be placed on your payment method when charging starts. Once charging is complete and successfully paid, the authorization hold will be released.​

Reactions: kayak1
Has that big blue "Charge Non-Tesla" button been there for a while now presumably for those who don't want to download Tesla app? It links to https://www.tesla.com/charging/guest/site/30589 where you can see stall availability, select a post number and pay with card:

Plug In To Start Charging After Paying​
By charging your vehicle, you authorize Tesla to charge your credit card at the rate listed above. You also agree to the Terms of Use and idle fees. See Tesla.com/legal for details. A temporary 20 USD authorization hold will be placed on your payment method when charging starts. Once charging is complete and successfully paid, the authorization hold will be released.​

That could also be added as part of the NEVI support. If the card reader isn't working, a website would help. (But remember, don't trust QR codes!)

Says 0 of 8 available on the charging page for me though, so that support might not be up.

EDIT: Nope, it shows in the app for (non-Tesla) but they're all just listed as out of order.

Last edited:
That could also be added as part of the NEVI support. If the card reader isn't working, a website would help. (But remember, don't trust QR codes!)

Says 0 of 8 available on the charging page for me though, so that support might not be up.

EDIT: Nope, it shows in the app for (non-Tesla) but they're all just listed as out of order.
Now 4 of 8 available.

Noted that this morning this site is show temp closure in the app, and at least for me still giving an error when you try to tap on it and get more detail. Hopefully this is just typical new site growing pains and not an indication we jumped the gun on it being open. Needless to say, don't depend on charging at this site for a bit until things seem to stabilize. Unrelated - yesterday the new Bangor v3 site was showing temp closure as well in the afternoon/evening - it's showing 8/8 available this morning.

• Informative
Listed as Temporary Closure but it did still include charging time in the nav, odd. No power. One handicap spot. Little black bollards next to each pedestal (didn’t they just take out all the red ones everywhere?)
Looks like sensors, lights, or cameras next to the screen.
IMG_5457.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer