Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville, CA - Freedom Way (LIVE 31 Aug 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like there's a new Supercharger coming in the Living Spaces/Top Golf lot.
Screen Shot 2022-08-08 at 9.32.08 AM.png

Holy Moly! I ride around that area every so often and knew they were doing construction there but had no idea what it was until I rode by today and noticed they were superchargers! A lot of them and just about a block away from my house. I live in the neighborhood just south of there.

Yes it was.

Also interesting design decision. One of the rows is accessible from either side. This is interesting as we look forward to a future with cars that have charging ports in different locations. Might be a stop gap until longer cables.
The signage likely indicates only one side is the "right" side. And the positioning is such that it doesn't look to add much more flexibility in where it would reach on the other side.

The signage likely indicates only one side is the "right" side. And the positioning is such that it doesn't look to add much more flexibility in where it would reach on the other side.
Yes but on the back side you could park alongside and block 3 stalls and not block multiple stalls. Same for cars with ports on the passenger side. The blocked charger would be accessible from the other side. Confusing when pulling in to the site but offers a lot more flexibility.

Yes but on the back side you could park alongside and block 3 stalls and not block multiple stalls. Same for cars with ports on the passenger side. The blocked charger would be accessible from the other side. Confusing when pulling in to the site but offers a lot more flexibility.

This is theoretically true, although at another Supercharger (San Gabriel, CA) with similar topology, the flexibility to pull up to the posts from two sides led to undesirable user behavior. It'll be interesting to see how this works at a different location and with different upcoming EV charging needs.

Bruce.

This is theoretically true, although at another Supercharger (San Gabriel, CA) with similar topology, the flexibility to pull up to the posts from two sides led to undesirable user behavior. It'll be interesting to see how this works at a different location and with different upcoming EV charging needs.

Bruce.
In Mojave at the Weinerschnitzel they tried to block the wrong side with plastic, but people just ripped it off. It's a mess when you can get at it from both sides.

• Informative
Reactions: EVCarGUy