Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville, CA - Harding Boulevard (LIVE 23 Jan 2024, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look's like Tesla just filed for this permit
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 6.54.39 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 6.54.57 AM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Guacahummus
Seems construction is ramping, as it needs to but I didn't expect we'd see it. Wonder what dealing with PG&E is doing to local openings. The guy who built the Roseville charger that opened this weekend was mighty pissed that we are being stymied by such a monopoly.

I think PG&E is clearing through the backlog of sites needing power a tad faster than before. Most of the PG&E Tesla sites left pending are likely because other more extensive work needs to be done for power in addition to just laying down a transformer.

Places like here in Roseville are easier since smaller utilities somewhat recovered quickly from the equipment shortage that started in 2020. It helps when the small public utilities like Roseville only have to stock single to double digits of larger pad mount transformers where as SCE and PG&E have to stock 3 to 4 digit amounts of pad mount transformers to keep up with demand.

Reactions: keyth
It appears no magic dock from the silhouette under the covers. No transformer yet.

Another note. This is right next to an AM-PM with a touchless wash, so it’s almost an on-site amenity!
The magic dock doesn’t stick out to the sides so I am not sure I can draw the same conclusion as you with those white covers. Can’t even make out the cords through them so no chance on the upper corner where the plug hangs.

Not the first site to have that happen. Now that there are private Cybertruck owners on the planet I wonder how much longer they'll keep building non-V4 Superchargers that charge Super Slowly on the CT. Perhaps they could collect all the old V3s that were built on V4 compatible bases and when other V3s get run over or otherwise vandalized pull those out instead of continuing to build more V3 posts

Not the first site to have that happen. Now that there are private Cybertruck owners on the planet I wonder how much longer they'll keep building non-V4 Superchargers that charge Super Slowly on the CT. Perhaps they could collect all the old V3s that were built on V4 compatible bases and when other V3s get run over or otherwise vandalized pull those out instead of continuing to build more V3 posts
Well it is interesting, as these will need more upgrades. Cabinets here were V3 cabs, so I’m curious to see if that’s changed.

Well it is interesting, as these will need more upgrades. Cabinets here were V3 cabs, so I’m curious to see if that’s changed.
There are no V4 cabinets so all those CT owners who rush to a V4 site are going to get the same experience as every other V3 site on the planet. Oh, they get a longer cord so they don’t have to touch the charge post to make it reach…

An interesting tidbit, the specs say max 250kw. Not even a mention of faster capability in the future. Do we know if they even followed through on 800V architecture?
1701449177771.png