Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Russell, MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another potential new supercharger spotted in Russell, MB behind the Coop Gas Bar at 206 Main St. Picture posted to the Tesla Owners Saskatchewan Facebook by Brad Stebelski. Just the one picture so trying to see if the conduit placement matches up to a supercharger

IMG_4396.jpeg

Russell, MB

Gas station
Co-op
Yellowhead Highway
MB-83

Yellowhead Highway:
From Yorkton, SK (Construction): 102 km
To End (TCH near Portage la Prairie, MB): 251.4 km
Diversion: 1 km
From Wynward, SK: 243.4 km

MB-83:
From Start (US border US-83, ND) 219.3 km
To End (MB-10 Swan River, MB) 174.9 km
Diversion: 0 km

To: Portage la Prairie, MB (YH, TCH) 262.3 km

More Yellowhead Highway Supercharging. With Yorkton, SK the Yellowhead Highway will be traversible in good weather from at least Jasper, AB.

Reactions: Mayoo and Windjunk
>More Yellowhead Highway Supercharging. With Yorkton, SK the Yellowhead Highway will be traversible in good weather from at least Jasper, AB.

It's ony about 180km to Brandon from Russell if you turn south at Minnedosa. Good in any weather.

Yes, however that's a half hour driving diversion, in addition to any resulting charging.
Yes, but at least the route is do-able, no need to reroute to Regina from Saskatoon (once these are finished).

I'm imagining in a few years, chargers will be everywhere (and the non-Tesla ones won't all be out of order) and this will be less of a consideration. Then I will await the reverse, the inevitable news stories in a decade or so "the last gas station in this small town is closing..."

I noticed the fencing is gone, no signs saying closed, so I tried, but it's not working (white charge light). I was too chicken to turn on the disconnect that I saw was off, maybe that's all it needed? I should call Tesla and see what's up.

Attachments

• 20231212_152151.jpg
    20231212_152151.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 22
I noticed the fencing is gone, no signs saying closed, so I tried, but it's not working (white charge light). I was too chicken to turn on the disconnect that I saw was off, maybe that's all it needed? I should call Tesla and see what's up.
Tesla will come and commission the site when they’re ready to. No, you shouldn’t turn on the disconnect switch.

There are numerous locations with disconnect switches on the exterior of each power cabinet.
We've seen mini breaker boxes on the side of some of the pre-fab sites, but those are all locked just like a regular switchgear cabinet. I'm pretty sure teenagers and other miscreants would constantly be shutting off superchargers (or finding out how much 480V tingles) if there was anything unlocked.