Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Genesee Ave (LIVE 23 Jan 2023, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A second Supercharger is coming to Clairemont Mesa!! 8 stalls will be added at 4310 Genesee Ave, about a block from the existing Superchargers.

San Diego - Genesee Ave.jpg

Literally across the street from the current superchargers on Balboa. Looks like Tesla is taking an approach of putting twin supercharger sites at various locations - Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Carmel Valley, Mission Valley

Heh. Of course that strip mall is going to get superchargers. The are a carbon copy of the current strip mall across t street. One side has Blaze Pizza, the other has Pielogy. One side has Target, the other Kohl’s. One side has Five Guys, the other Habit. Walgreens/CVS, etc.

That being said, I often see the 16 stall site across the street totally full, so 8 more spots will help!

• Funny
Reactions: Jazz3D and jowaldo
The business park is Liberty Park Plaza. 3/10 no sign of construction. The Forum Coffee shop is in the same business park.
Oh...then I withdraw my joke about the two strip malls being the same.

I live really close to this new build. The parking lot on the front side of this strip mall is often full, and it's hard to navigate. However, behind those buildings is a big, wide open parking lot that's mostly empty, and I bet that's where the 8 stalls will be placed.

There are tons of food options for a person who is charging (in addition to the mentioned Coffee Shop). Cotixan is a good Mexican chain in San Diego, El Pollo Loco is a fairly well known fast food place, and there are a few local businesses: Uighur cuisine, a fast-food Chinese place, a fast-food Thai place and a chicken wing place. Also, across the street is a neighborhood pub.

I drove by today and saw that some work has started. I took a picture of what I thought would be the installation site, but in seeing Gordelly's aerial plans, it appears it's only the staging area. I'll take pics of the charging posts and utilities areas as work progresses (whenever I go by, which is semi-regularly). In any case, this is what I saw today (staging area):

PXL_20220831_151301920.jpg

seems like it would have been easier to add 8 charging stalls at the site across the street.. there is plenty of room for such
If you mean additional stalls in the Vons parking lot/current SuperCharger, I'm glad they didn't go that direction. That parking lot is already enough of a shitshow. I think having smaller, more numerous SC locations is a better arrangement (though likely quite a bit more expensive to develop). 8 or so stalls in every popular shopping area seems like the ideal 😎

Reactions: gaswalla
I stopped by today, the construction appears to be 100% complete and the crew has packed up and left. The stalls are there and 'open' (no covers or tape or any indicators that they are offline), but I attempted to SC and they are inactive.