Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - I'm new here and figured I'd ask a quick question. I haven't had a chance to visit the newly opened SC in Sorrento Mesa, any initial reports as to crowds or how many cars are charging through out any given hour of the day? i.e. Weekday mornings, afternoons, after work etc.

Hi all - I'm new here and figured I'd ask a quick question. I haven't had a chance to visit the newly opened SC in Sorrento Mesa, any initial reports as to crowds or how many cars are charging through out any given hour of the day? i.e. Weekday mornings, afternoons, after work etc.

Not sure about patterns, but I haven't seen it fill up yet. Saturday afternoon around 3 there were 9-10 cars charging, though.

At least the space unusable for charging could be made one if the 30-minute general parking
spaces, just by swapping signs with an existing 30-min space?

While they are swapping signs, to maximize charging at shared-charger space-pairs, one of the
shared pair should be the Charging-Only space, and the other the 30-minute general parking space.

Are there restroom facilities available to those charging?

During business hours, the lobby of building 10105 (the closest building to the supercharger) is unlocked, and you can use the restroom in there. That's the only building on this campus with reception. After hours, maybe security will let you in, but I wouldn't bet on it. Perhaps one of the nearby hotels will let you use their restrooms.

Tuesday at 12noon, 8 of 11 SC occupied. Lobby is opened 8am-5pm M-F

guess I'm not so bad backing up to SC after all. While I'm charging in 4B, a red MS backed up to 4A and ran up on the planter! I think it's only a matter of time before someone levels a SC. Too bad these weren't setup as pull in SC.

Last edited:
All the back-in spaces need to have backup tire-stop bumpers installed,
to better protect the arches from "random" parking-challenged vehicles.

The newer, lower profile type bumper, recently installed at San Juan Capistrano
are much better (lower) than the "standard" (occasionally a bit too high)
concrete "bumpers" that are often used.

Here's an example from right now.

current2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And this one from a couple of weeks ago should win some sort of award!
1653300_10153434231393478_5821363184131017503_n.jpg

Kinda looks like the same car. I can imagine the excuse, "but there wasn't anyone else there", may have even used that line a time or two at points in my life. But it's kinda just lazyness, and backfires when other people pull up while you are still there (I at least can't see the future).