Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - University Center Lane (PERMANENTLY CLOSED 23 Oct 2023, 7 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Located in the underground parking structure by the restaurants (Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - 8970 University Center Lane, San Diego, CA 92124). There are seven Urban supercharger stalls (72 kW), and the site is completed and in-service. Valet parking only from 4pm to midnight, but free parking access from 5am to 4pm and access is controlled by a gate. Has ADA / van accessible stall, and other stalls are wide and spacious. See Google map photo; enter property from University Center Lane, bear right, and go down the ramp to the underground parking by the restaurants, make first right turn and chargers are right by the parking garage entrance.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 1,242
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Aventine.jpg
    Aventine.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I was born in San Diego....If it was closer to UCSD, then maybe you'd get away with calling it La Jolla, but it's east of I-5...Everyone around there WANTS it to be La Jolla, but it's not.... :)

Surprisingly (to me) the city doesn't even consider UCSD to be in La Jolla, even though it certainly has a La Jolla address:

On the other hand, Fleming's is merely on the wrong side of La Jolla Village Drive to be in the main La Jolla zip code, 92037. (That zip code does, in fact, cross the 5.)

But since La Jolla is just a neighborhood, there's probably no definitive way to define the boundaries!

Located in the underground parking structure by the restaurants (Fleming's Prime Steakhouse - 8970 University Center Lane, San Diego, CA 92124). There are seven Urban supercharger stalls (72 kW), and the site is completed and in-service. Valet parking only from 4pm to midnight, but free parking access from 5am to 4pm and access is controlled by a gate. Has ADA / van accessible stall, and other stalls are wide and spacious. See Google map photo; enter property from University Center Lane, bear right, and go down the ramp to the underground parking by the restaurants, make first right turn and chargers are right by the parking garage entrance.
I'm showing 8 stalls on my map. Is there one stall that was previously unaccounted for?

20210613_182231.jpg

I've seen the Nav map fluctuate this week showing either 8 or 7 stalls available. Today it listed 7 and I was only able to count 7 stalls. The numbering is odd for the stalls too where 1A is next to 1B, 3A next to 3B, 4A next to 4B, but stall 2A appears to be unpaired.

Attachments

• 20210714_120200.jpg
    20210714_120200.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Informative
Reactions: bmah