Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Jose, CA - Blossom Hill Rd. (LIVE 16 May 2019, 18 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4237.jpg
Today 05/16/19 the station is now active. It didn't show up on my OSD but I can confirm the units are active. Admin can edit thread title.

Woah, I had almost given up hope anytime soon. Thanks for the info! Less congestion on this side of Rt 85 and both here and the Cherry location have urban chargers so same 72kW power level.

I went back and checked when I last looked at the permits and that was on the 9th so jumped the gun a day early.

Last edited:
Not a bad locale, although not in the immediate vicinity to restrooms or eating establishments, but plenty of parking although a big commercial truck was icing half the stalls this afternoon. No matter was done in a jiffy. Btw i think the cables used here are thicker than the usual, could they be V3 cables?

Wow. Saw this on the car's map today after I charged at Cherry Ave. Appeared to be a few cents cheaper per kWh, besides being half the distance closer to my house than Cherry. Still doesn't show up on the tesla.com Supercharger map.

I used to go to the Orchard Supply Hardware store at this location but never noticed any Supercharger activity, mainly since I always approached the store from the Blossom Hill side. It doesn't seem to be really that useful for the long-distance traveling Tesla driver as the location is fairly far off the beaten (Highway 85) path. Cherry Ave. is much easier to access off and on Hwy 85.

I normally don't SC in town as I do all my charging at work but yesterday I had to drive to Fairfield and back so I only had about 60 miles left and I wanted to have at least 150 in the morning. The HPWC is still in its box in the garage.

I've been to the Cup and Saucer several times and recommend it. Ditto for Starbucks but I draw the line between there and McD's.

Not a bad locale, although not in the immediate vicinity to restrooms or eating establishments, but plenty of parking although a big commercial truck was icing half the stalls this afternoon. No matter was done in a jiffy. Btw i think the cables used here are thicker than the usual, could they be V3 cables?
These are urban chargers and v3 cables are thinner than the v2 cables

We decided to charge here tonight at around 11pm instead of at the Cherry location. Was one of 2 cars there charging. Only thing open at that hour near the chargers was the liquor store. Not the greatest location I guess although the liquor store does sell snacks too. I did see a shopping center security person walking the lot a few times while there charging.

We were getting 72kW as expected. We were in our MS which has free supercharging and don't think I recall seeing any pricing for this location. Found it interesting if it is a little cheaper than Cherry to charge. My Model 3 doesn't have free supercharging and I charge at home almost all the time but haven't been to this location with my Model 3, otherwise would have noticed the rate on my center screen.

Last edited: