Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Mateo, CA - Bridgepointe Pkwy (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the San Mateo one today and saw that most stalls were full or 1-2 stalls free. Maybe this is some new way of reporting availability?

Doubtful, I think. Normally it means some sort of fault. Or perhaps PG&E capping power draw. It was a warm afternoon.

Anyway the map icon was back to normal by around 9:30 pm. Due to unusual circumstances I needed to charge away from home this evening, so I dropped by. There were only 1-2 stalls free when I arrived, and I started out paired. But soon enough the other vehicle left, and I saw around 105 kW before tapering.

While I was there I noticed a TM3 pull up — to one of the chargepoints. They said they wanted to use that instead of the supercharger, because it’s free for two hours. Meanwhile the supercharger was free for me, but I’d rather have charged at home.

Last edited:
This location is incredibly slow - I've tried charging here multiple times & always get reduced charging speeds.

SoC = 30%
Car completely warmed up - no limited regen & outside temp 55 degrees F
Rate of charge = ramped up to 102 kW for about 10 seconds, then 60-62 kW - never went any higher & worked it's way down to as low as 43 kW - 55 kW

Something is definitely limiting these SuperChargers - I'll keep going down to East Palo Alto & get the full 72kW on the Urban ones.

When I go here, and it is relatively empty, I often have to try out a few before getting good charge speeds. Yesterday was a bit weird. SoC= 25%. I connect to B, and I get 40Kw, which isn't weird because "A" is charging. Then "A" leaves, and my car remains at 40 Kw. Now I am kinda mad, because I realize I likely should have been getting more. So, I move my car to "A", and immediately start getting 90Kw (Still a bit low because no one is in B, but good enough). Then someone comes and parks in "B", and my charging goes down to 15 Kw at about 50% SoC. Strange. Anyways, my kids were done with their snack, and I had enough to get home, so I left... but still more evidence there is something going on with these Superchargers.