Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Monica, CA - Santa Monica Place (LIVE 19 Feb 2019, 14 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a logical standpoint, I would think it's okay to use it as long as you stay with your car while charging. Then if someone with a handicapped placard arrives, you need to unplug and go to the back of the line (or move on if you have enough charge). I am not talking about legal technicalities however.

I just spoke to a police that was writing tickets there for Tesla's without front plates. She said no one can park or charge there unless you have a handicap plate or placard.

A black Model X just received a ticket and she may be giving a ticket to the Black Model 3 that's charging in the handicapped charger.

Please post here if you received a ticket.

I just spoke to a police that was writing tickets there for Tesla's without front plates... A black Model X just received a ticket and she may be giving a ticket to the Black Model 3 that's charging in the handicapped charger.
It amazes me that the Santa Monica police are going inside a parking structure to write tickets for cars without front plates. I am definitely never going to use this Supercharger.

Could they be referring to the (non-sworn) parking enforcement personnel? That’s the type that issue cites in the city-owned Beverly Hills parking structures.

I am not sure. The little golf cart says POLICE on it in blue and she was in a blue police uniform. I didn't pay any attention if she had a gun or not. I know some cities uses parking maids with yellow lights and white uniforms which are not Police.

Either way, I think they will write tickets for cars without front plates and parked in handicap spaces.

I just spoke to a police that was writing tickets there for Tesla's without front plates. She said no one can park or charge there unless you have a handicap plate or placard.

A black Model X just received a ticket and she may be giving a ticket to the Black Model 3 that's charging in the handicapped charger.

Please post here if you received a ticket.

Strange how they dedicated a handicap spot as a charging spot.

Was there today, it can get pretty busy. We got lucky as we arrive a car is leaving with no one waiting in front of us. 30 mins later, over 6-8 tesla waiting.

Give this is a spot busy area, 10 spot is fairly limited. I wonder will they add more once the Tesla store opens. It said coming soon.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
All,
im going down to santa monica tomorrow around 630 ish. i've not been down to SM since COVID. Are these chargers still accessible? since COVID is here, do you all think it will still be packed like it would normally be? sure I can just check the app tomorrow but would like to ask the class their thoughts... :)

im used to charging at glendale where parking is temporarily free so ive been spoiled a bit since i got the car (march 27th)

All,
im going down to santa monica tomorrow around 630 ish. i've not been down to SM since COVID. Are these chargers still accessible? since COVID is here, do you all think it will still be packed like it would normally be? sure I can just check the app tomorrow but would like to ask the class their thoughts... :)

im used to charging at glendale where parking is temporarily free so ive been spoiled a bit since i got the car (march 27th)
It’s not that busy. Open.

thanks bro. started my journey and saw 3/10 avail, then as i got closer 2/10. i pulled up and i snagged the last stall with a car that came up right behind me a couple minutes after i parked. :)

the chargepoints were deserted :p but the urban chargers were in full use. still got ~67 kwh which is what i see over at glendale.

Saw this at the Santa Monica supercharger this morning

Attachments

• CD401B2C-339C-46FE-9634-B3AA1045577F.jpeg
    CD401B2C-339C-46FE-9634-B3AA1045577F.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 157
18 stall expansion coming soon
Nice find. I would actually read that description as likely having a typo in it and meaning a 6 stall expansion, not 18 stalls. If you assume that the "V3" mention was in error and the supercharger cabinets will be the V2 type you'd expect to see when adding urban stalls, the description makes a lot more sense. It lists the total number of new cabinets (3) and the total number of new charging posts (6), and these numbers agree between cabinet-type and post-type (2:1 ratio for urban), and they are of the type that are already existing at the supercharger, i.e. Tesla isn't mixing urban stalls with V3 stalls.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and Chuq
Looks like this one is finally underway! This is one of the busiest locations I've seen, so glad to have more stalls. They are also building out the new location at Cloverfield near I-10 with 250kw v3, so Santa Monica is looking much much better.
I count 3 new V2 cabinets for an expansion of 6 more urban stalls. The V3 mention in the permit is just a typo/error.

Could someone post some kind of visual confirmation of the expansion being completed and operational? Like a picture with the new stalls, or a screenshot from the nav or mobile app with an updated stall count?

Thanks!

Bruce.