Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sault Ste Marie, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Duh, you're correct. If I'd thought about it, I might have realized Ontario wouldn't be funding chargers in Manitoba, etc.

The only new ones I've seen pop up have been in QC and NS, and I think most of those were already in place when I first heard about it back in the spring. What new ones have you seen in the past month or so?
I would say it’s the new Petro chargers, which are going up pretty quick all over, and Quebec DCFCs. I don’t feel that the Canadian Tire chargers are going up anytime soon, and the same feelings for the Ontario chargers (and the fact we don’t know where they are)! Quebec has had a few going up lately.

Make that QC and NB.

In the Canada CHAdeMO thread there are posts about the Petro-Canada sites recently opened or under construction in every province along the. TCH. So far, "coming soon" status actually means something on the Petro-Canada site, so if it says "coming soon" as opposed to just "planned," the site is at least under construction. EV Fast Charge car charging stations

Reactions: madmax240
In the Canada CHAdeMO thread there are posts about the Petro-Canada sites recently opened or under construction in every province along the. TCH. So far, "coming soon" status actually means something on the Petro-Canada site, so if it says "coming soon" as opposed to just "planned," the site is at least under construction. EV Fast Charge car charging stations
Yeah, talking with the techs when they were here in NS, they had a real blitz planned for getting those stations up and running in a hurry. I'm still wondering when they'll be back here to bring the second of these in NS online ;)

• Funny
Reactions: SmartElectric
More progress

Attachments

• EFE4EF77-673C-49C2-A7A1-D04C6D820726.jpeg
    EFE4EF77-673C-49C2-A7A1-D04C6D820726.jpeg
    592.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 290F0A6C-0B85-4975-968B-10D94B3AF78B.jpeg
    290F0A6C-0B85-4975-968B-10D94B3AF78B.jpeg
    523.2 KB · Views: 182
  • B9FF736A-29B2-40DC-9D63-AC0B81B8B734.jpeg
    B9FF736A-29B2-40DC-9D63-AC0B81B8B734.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 1B742B32-570D-4F05-81E3-A33795088EB1.jpeg
    1B742B32-570D-4F05-81E3-A33795088EB1.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 171
Those are definitely V3 supercharging cabinets. Is this the first photo of V3 hardware in Canada?
For the supercharger cabinets, it sort of is and sort of isn't. There were pictures in the North Bay thread that showed them first. But they were still under their shipping covers. So, I guess it depends on what criteria you are using to judge whether the picture is showing the hardware or not.

Hoping for some updates on the Sault Ste Marie Supercharger. Planning a trip from Muskoka to Vancouver Oct 4th and this supercharger would be a game changer!
Considering that you intend to stay in Vancouver more than 1 week, the full T-Can stretch might be complete if Tesla decides to get their sh*t together and finish these sites.

I don't think Elon would give us a $Billion, but the odds are that all the Canadian Super Chargers could be completed by Thanksgiving. Almost all the ground work is completed in Canada. Even some hardware and wire pulled. Depends on how many crews are installing the electrical/hardware and IF they even have the hardware. I'd allow about 3 days for each location to get it installed. Might be a bit optimistic, but shouldn't really take much more. Maybe 4 days if you allow travel time.

Reactions: Big Earl