Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Supercharger - Scipio, UT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came here to ask the same question as tyler601717. We have been banking on this supercharger for a year. My wife has the $35k base model 3. The battery was supposedly battery locked when we bought it and had 20 miles less of usable battery from the SR+. So it started with 200 miles, but it is now down to about 185 after 4 years of total range. She can't make it from Beaver, UT to Nephi, UT to visit family in Utah county when it is cold in the winter unless she slows down to like 55 mph and turns off the heat (no fun). The other option is to go through Richfield, which adds about an extra 30-40 minutes. I am very frustrated that the supercharging team was let go. We had been holding off on getting the CCS1 adapter retrofit because there is an Electrify America DC fast charger in Scipio, but her charging port apparently needs to be upgraded. If anyone knows whether or not this charging station will ever get completed, or if it is merely delayed, please add some insight. I think when we are up in Pleasant Grove in the next few weeks we might swing into the service center and inquire about getting the CCS charging adapter upgrade so she can fast charge at other DC fast charging stations.

Reactions: tyler601717