Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Richfield, UT - W 1250 S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corbin630

Herriman, UT | 2023 Model Y Long Range
Mar 19, 2023
Herriman, Utah
A user in the Tesla Owners Utah Facebook group reported that they sectioned off more parking lot around the Supercharger to expand this site and potentially upgrade to V3 Superchargers. I'll look for permits. If anyone has more experience in finding permits can help, then that would be great.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart and KJD
This one badly needs improvement, but part of me was hoping they'd just put a new v3 in Salina to cut down the big gap between there and Green River.
Why not both? Upgrading this site to V3 is needed before other EVs begin using Tesla Superchargers since only the V3 sites communicate properly with CCS vehicles. I don't think they are done expanding in Central Utah, but upgrading this site to V3 will be a huge benefit to both Tesla and other EV drivers.

Reactions: Park2670
A user in the Tesla Owners Utah Facebook group reported that they sectioned off more parking lot around the Supercharger to expand this site and potentially upgrade to V3 Superchargers. I'll look for permits. If anyone has more experience in finding permits can help, then that would be great.

You're shitin me?!?!?! If this is done, I think the trip to Vegas will be amazing....Wait...need Green River to upgrade too lol

Looks like it's actually not an upgrade to the existing V2 Superchargers, but it's actually a new V3 Supercharger on the other side of town. I can't find the permit for it, but it's on the South side of town on the corner of College Ave and 1300 S. Maybe these last few comments should be moved to a new thread, but I don't have confirmation by a permit or pictures yet.

Looks like it's actually not an upgrade to the existing V2 Superchargers, but it's actually a new V3 Supercharger on the other side of town. I can't find the permit for it, but it's on the South side of town on the corner of College Ave and 1300 S. Maybe these last few comments should be moved to a new thread, but I don't have confirmation by a permit or pictures yet.
What is it by or next to ? I will be driving thru there next week I can grab some pictures if I know where to look.

Reactions: PStewart
Why not both? Upgrading this site to V3 is needed before other EVs begin using Tesla Superchargers since only the V3 sites communicate properly with CCS vehicles. I don't think they are done expanding in Central Utah, but upgrading this site to V3 will be a huge benefit to both Tesla and other EV drivers.
The more the merrier. But if you were going to choose one project, building a new v3 in Salina meets the most needs. It isn't an urgent need to get CCS vehicles superchargers in both Richfield and Salina.

The more the merrier. But if you were going to choose one project, building a new v3 in Salina meets the most needs. It isn't an urgent need to get CCS vehicles superchargers in both Richfield and Salina.
CCS vehicles can't charge in Richfield because it's a V2 Supercharger that doesn't "Speak CCS". Only V3 and V4 Superchargers can be opened up to CCS vehicles once that starts. However, Salina and Richfield both currently have Electrify America CCS chargers already, so adding V3 Superchargers in either city just adds to the existing options.

Reactions: PStewart
CCS vehicles can't charge in Richfield because it's a V2 Supercharger that doesn't "Speak CCS". Only V3 and V4 Superchargers can be opened up to CCS vehicles once that starts. However, Salina and Richfield both currently have Electrify America CCS chargers already, so adding V3 Superchargers in either city just adds to the existing options.
Feels like you're making my point for me? Thank you.

Reactions: Fiver and corbin630
Can an admin help me move the last few comments here to a new thread? We have visual confirmation of a 16 V3 Superchargers in Richfield on the other side of town thanks to Michael Williams on Facebook.

The station is located here: 1050 W 1250 S, Richfield, UT 84701

FB_IMG_1696785760837.jpg

FB_IMG_1696785756066.jpg