Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are charging during meal hours and want to eat somewhere nicer than Costco, I recommend crossing the street to go to Gustos. I've been there a few times now for lunch with the wife since we live close and have been very happy with the food. We also have some Italian friends who have given it the authentic seal of approval. You have to cross Del Monte, which can be busy at times, but it's probably a shorter walk than getting to the Costco food court. Directions to Gusto Restaurant

I
We are currently at the Seaside-Monterey Supercharger. There is an owners lounge available with an exterior keypad to enter (as sales and service are closed). How do I obtain the entry code?

For the locations that have the code, it's been reported by folks that the code pops up on the center screen.

Not sure if the location that you're at is a 24x7 Tesla lounge equipped with this.

Thanks AEdennis. On a side note, I really enjoyed your videos of your cross country trip!!!

Glad to entertain. (It's a lot more fun to experience the drive between the Supercharger route through the Colorado Rockies than the few minutes of video we shot. Every one should try that drive at least once (in the daytime) :smile:

What's a Tesla lounge?

Some of the Supercharger locations, like Houston North, are at a Tesla facility. The lounge is an area they have set up with restrooms, WiFi, chairs, drinks, etc. for people who are waiting for their car to charge. Some of them have a keypad for after hours, if not you can only access the lounge during business hours. I was at the Houston North location on Friday to show my folks the Model S and the guy working there said they didn't have that one set up yet for after hours access.

I anticipate needing to charge at Seaside this Saturday. I haven't heard anything about any issues (especially with respect to reduced rate charging, crowding by locals, or other problems I would normally associate with the Bay Area Superchargers). Anything I ought to know about, or is this a case of "no news is good news"?

Thanks!

Bruce.

I anticipate needing to charge at Seaside this Saturday. I haven't heard anything about any issues (especially with respect to reduced rate charging, crowding by locals, or other problems I would normally associate with the Bay Area Superchargers). Anything I ought to know about, or is this a case of "no news is good news"?

Thanks! Bruce.

Seaside is a hidden gem ... no news is good news! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah

Thanks!

Bruce.

i charged there last Saturday. Not busy and good charge rate of over 96kW.

It's at the Tesla store, restaurants within 3 to 5 minute walking distance and a comfortable lounge with free coffee, cold bottled water and wifi. If you are there outside business hours, tap the icon on your NAV screen and the access code for the door will be displayed.

They told me it is one of three such 24/7 Tesla lounges in the country.

Reactions: bmah
FYI, I tried to stop at that location yesterday (Saturday) around 2pm only to find 2 cars waiting. All stalls were occupied and the car that were charging were all empy. The tesla person I talked to shook his head and mentioned that a couple of cars had been there for over 2 hrs.

Considering that there is not much of interest within walking distance (except ICE dealerships...) you've got to wonder where these people were and may want to plan wisely if you're planning on using this SC in the future in case my experience is the norm...

• Informative
Reactions: DDotJ