Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Slidell, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a nice gesture! Thanks for the posts. Do you know if they are going to put something on the block enclosure to improve it's looks?

I think CSFTN is right, they will put up some kind of veneer over the cinder block. I kept a pretty close eye on construction of the Baton Rouge supercharger and the enclosure in this pic looks like BR before they finished it so I expect them to do the same thing here. I know they're not supposed to give out information so I didn't put anybody on the spot by asking questions.

In BR I brought donuts or some kind of treat most times I went to check on progress. The crew was working long hours in a lot of cold and sometimes wet weather so I wanted them to know we Tesla owners appreciated their efforts.

These photos taken Tuesday afternoon. Looks almost finished!
unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

The lesson of past installs is that if the "TESLA" letters are lighted, that charger is working. It may not yet have been tested and approved, but it's functional.

Now, if we can get the Jackson MS chargers installed, I can make it south generally, and NOLA specifically. In a timely fashion.

Blowing the picture up I see some signs are "Tesla electric vehicle charging" (much better than the "Tesla electric vehicle parking" wording elsewhere) but some say "30 min. general parking". In other words, prepare to be ICEd if the place gets busy.

In a mixed signage location like this, remember to preferentially use the "30 min. general parking" stalls first to save the exclusive ones for later arrivals. This will minimize the "legitimate" ICEing.

Blowing the picture up I see some signs are "Tesla electric vehicle charging" (much better than the "Tesla electric vehicle parking" wording elsewhere) but some say "30 min. general parking". In other words, prepare to be ICEd if the place gets busy.

In a mixed signage location like this, remember to preferentially use the "30 min. general parking" stalls first to save the exclusive ones for later arrivals. This will minimize the "legitimate" ICEing.

In a mixed signage location like this, remember preferentially to use the "30 min. general parking" stalls first to save the regular ones for later arrivals. This will free up regular spots for other drivers of normal cars.

Have you co sidered that if the parking lot's busy, considerate people might be unnecessarily inconvenienced if Tesla drivers deliberately occupy the shared spots first? How about you wait to see whether there's an ICEing problem first rather than jumping into the intersection-blocking mentality?

I don't live in this part of the country so I don't know how many Teslas which would be passing through this area. In many parts of California, Teslas can be as common as Toyotas so having a mixed parking sign would be disastrous in most areas. However, this appears to be a potential condition that was placed on Tesla to be granted permission to use this location so we must at least accommodate the wishes of the property owners during peak parking times. I will warn, though, that if you give someone an inch they will take a mile. If there is no one to police the parking in these stalls, be prepared to have more ICEing than what we would hope. If someone sees a 30 minute general parking sign and they are filled with Teslas, they may feel they can use the other stalls to compensate.