Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soda Springs, CA (LIVE 8 Dec 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped there today, it looked like the snow had not been plowed today which makes it nearly impossible to get to with a model s unless you want to plow the snow with your bumper.

The ones by the building were accessible but you’d be sticking out into the path of traffic.

IMG_9248.jpeg
IMG_9247.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ohmman and Tyl
Stopped there today, it looked like the snow had not been plowed today which makes it nearly impossible to get to with a model s unless you want to plow the snow with your bumper.

The ones by the building were accessible but you’d be sticking out into the path of traffic.

View attachment 1005534View attachment 1005535
The path of traffic shouldn’t cross parking stalls. They are new and people aren’t use to them. If they plow them people will adjust.

Reactions: Tyl
The path of traffic shouldn’t cross parking stalls. They are new and people aren’t use to them. If they plow them people will adjust.
Normally that’s true, but the time I was there, it was snowed in and the car traffic created a path around the building pretty close to the stalls. So if you were to back in you’d be blocking the makeshift pathway that cuts across the parking spots.

Normally that’s true, but the time I was there, it was snowed in and the car traffic created a path around the building pretty close to the stalls. So if you were to back in you’d be blocking the makeshift pathway that cuts across the parking spots.
Then they’d drive around you. It’s an obvious parking spot. Having snow on the ground hides the lines they are crossing but doesn’t give them the right to ignore it if there is a car parked there.

If you might need this stop and it’s been snowing then I suggest you carry a shovel. Frankly you should carry a shovel in the winter in the mountains no matter what and where you are driving.
Small collapsible snow shovels are relatively cheap and fit nicely in the frunk. One should also have blankets, water, and a food supply!

It was one of my three bad "state of charge" experiences in a Tesla. Probably the worst just because of conditions.
I also had a similar experience about 5 years ago. Except I turned around and drove back to the Rocklin store to charge (the last supercharger going up the hill at the time.) The experience added a lot of time to the trip to Truckee, but I was super glad I did it.

Reactions: ohmman
Post snow mission photos.

One damaged charger3C. Reported.

Attachments

• IMG_6767.jpeg
    IMG_6767.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6768.jpeg
    IMG_6768.jpeg
    987.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6769.jpeg
    IMG_6769.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6770.jpeg
    IMG_6770.jpeg
    885.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6775.jpeg
    IMG_6775.jpeg
    569.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6776.jpeg
    IMG_6776.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6777.jpeg
    IMG_6777.jpeg
    818.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6778.jpeg
    IMG_6778.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6779.jpeg
    IMG_6779.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6774.jpeg
    IMG_6774.jpeg
    487.6 KB · Views: 16
I charged at this site on 3/15 and there’s clearly a power supply issue. The peak power I received (at 21% SOC) was 75kW. And the power was fluctuating based on number of vehicles plugged in. 8/12 stalls used and maxing out at 75kW means they don’t have enough grid supply or power modules have failed. I would bet on a grid supply issue. Maybe they’re waiting for a new transformer to arrive in the summer

Reactions: Tyl and salcaide
I charged at this site on 3/15 and there’s clearly a power supply issue. The peak power I received (at 21% SOC) was 75kW. And the power was fluctuating based on number of vehicles plugged in. 8/12 stalls used and maxing out at 75kW means they don’t have enough grid supply or power modules have failed. I would bet on a grid supply issue. Maybe they’re waiting for a new transformer to arrive in the summer
I had exactly the same issues in February, but only got 45-60kw. I tried multiple chargers, and others had the same problem. I would avoid this charger for now unless you can't make it over the top of the hill to Truckee. Its better than nothing, but its probably the only Supercharger site I have ever encountered with a long term issue affecting the entire site.

What size is the transformer? Should be a rating plate or marking somewhere. There should also be a red rating plate on the switchgear cabinet door.