Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sudbury, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla chargers aren't government funded. If you're talking about the bunch of CCS/Chademo chargers that Ontario installed for $20M...well, they pretty much FUBARed that whole effort. It was a giant waste of money - certainly in Northern Ontario.
I assumed this was referring to the EV charging incentive for home installations, which was cancelled along with the EV incentive. Just another misguided political backwards step...

But you're right about the $20M program. I haven't used the KSI "fast" chargers but from what I've heard, I will avoid them at all cost. Very slow, very expensive and the per-session fee means that if you have problems and restart the session (which happens often), you pay again and again...

I assumed this was referring to the EV charging incentive for home installations, which was cancelled along with the EV incentive. Just another misguided political backwards step...

But you're right about the $20M program. I haven't used the KSI "fast" chargers but from what I've heard, I will avoid them at all cost. Very slow, very expensive and the per-session fee means that if you have problems and restart the session (which happens often), you pay again and again...

Ah... ok. I thought you were talking about the big public chargers. I'm bit mixed on the EV incentive. To be honest, I think it was a little on the rich side. It was the most generous program in North America. Personally, I think there should be some sort of national incentive... maybe eliminate a portion of the GST on EVs.

As to the whole "green" program that Ontario was running... I liked aspects of it but, as with everything government does, it was a mess. And I wonder how much of the collected cap/trade funds went to simply administering a complex and unwieldy program.