Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sulphur, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sulphur, LA

Host Type: Hotel
Host: Fairfield Inn & Suites
Along Primary Interstates: I-10
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-90
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-10

To: Lake Charles, LA (v2) - 9.4 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Iowa, LA - 23.1 miles

US-90

To: Lake Charles, LA (v2) - 15.5 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles
To: Iowa, LA - 24.9 miles

Tesla adding density, avoiding v2 Lake Charles, LA.

I visited this afternoon. Nothing to see, so no pictures. No sign of any construction equipment or charging equipment. This is a brand new hotel. The parking lot is a bit on the small side. This is a reasonable location but there will be ICE problems, wailing and gnashing of teeth.

There are 3 small shipping containers at the (also new) Red Roof Inn next door, but I believe they are hotel related.

Stopped by the NEWest Iowa, LA Supercharger on my way to Beaumont.
It is indeed at the Brand New Fairfield Inn, off of Ruth Drive, just off of I-10.
It has 12 chargers, and is nearly complete this afternoon . . .the Electrical Contractor was wiring up the Power Transformer when I stopped by.
Took a few pics.

Attachments

• Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #1.jpg
    Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #1.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 240
  • Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #2.jpg
    Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #2.jpg
    601 KB · Views: 158
  • Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #3.jpg
    Tesla Supercharger Sulphur #3.jpg
    894.9 KB · Views: 119
Stopped by this afternoon. SC construction appears to be complete, but power is still OFF!
Ditto for me yesterday. Everything looks ready to go but no power to the pedestals. This hotel seems to have an undersized parking lot. I see some ICE problems brewing.

I actually plugged in just to make sure (was running low) but no juice. We had to get our electron fix down the road in Lacassine aka Iowa.

We’ll be back in 10 days or so.

Ditto for me yesterday. Everything looks ready to go but no power to the pedestals. This hotel seems to have an undersized parking lot. I see some ICE problems brewing.

I actually plugged in just to make sure (was running low) but no juice. We had to get our electron fix down the road in Lacassine aka Iowa.

We’ll be back in 10 days or so.
Wow, I guess you drive that I-10 corridor pretty frequently.