Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sweetwater, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two in Lubbock with an 80A HPWC charger. I have a HPWC at my Lubbock house, but only have 40 amps running to it, so I would recommend Anson or Michael with their 80A chargers. Now, if you ever come through Andrews I have 80Amps there for ya!

And there is an elevation change from Abilene to Lubbock so account for that in your range, but I haven't made the trip since the Supercharger opened up in Sweetwater, so definitely top off there.

John

Come charge at my house at 80amps! Just let me know when you're coming and I'll be glad to accommodate!
Anson
(806) 441-4354

Thanks a bunch! Would be great to meet a Texas Model S owner. Planning to get my sister (who lives in Austin) a Model 3 and am wondering about how things will work for her out there.

It'll be early Nov before I'm passing through, but I'll be sure to give you a ring (assuming my transit is at a decent time of day).

I drove through Sweetwater late last evening and tried the Superchargers there. I plugged into 3 out of the 4 inverter arrays (4A and 4B were ICED). Each showed the same: widely fluctuating output, ranging from 0 to 40+ kW, but mostly in the single digits, and frequently dropping to zero. I left my Tesla plugged into 3B while I used the restroom (less then ten minutes) and saw that my range had increased by 6 miles when I returned to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: nwdiver
Not active. Had to take an ICE to Dallas this week. Grrrrrrr

I'm taking deliver of my model X p100d tomorrow in Dallas and driving back home to lubbock. Last week while scheduling pick up date tesla told me the station was down and they expected vandalism. Im thinking about using Cisco and I have 220 miles to house from there. This is my first EV and first trip in one as well so I'm very nervous. The alternative is to take an extreme detour up north of Dallas through Oklahoma and down from Amarillo. I really hope Tesla realizes this is a crucial supercharger for anyone with EV within 250 mile radius traveling to Dallas and they urgently need to get it back online! If Sweetwater was offline when I looked into order my Tesla back in November it may have pursueded me differently as I need to make this trip fairly regularly. Makes one wonder if someone working in oilfield did the vandalism out of despite of EV's.

At any rate, I will post what Tesla tells me at time of p/u tomorrow.

One regular member of this forum first reported problems with the Sweetwater Supercharger on Oct. 17. Tesla seems to be ....... distracted. Overall though, the Supercharger system has been highly reliable, in my experience.

I was at the Sweetwater Supercharger a couple of days ago. In about ten minutes, I charged 26 miles on pedestal 3B (third from the left -- the decals have mostly worn off). The kW fluctuated from 20 to 70, but averaged 45. However, others have reportedly not been able to get any charge at this Supercharger, so please, please, don't count on this.

Tomorrow, you will have a mild tail wind. 220 miles should be very do-able, although may have to avoid driving above 70 mph. Once you put in your home address into the Navigator, the remaining charge available chart becomes visible. Make sure you understand how to use this chart from the folks at Tesla when you pick up your X, and adjust your driving speed accordingly when returning home.

And, of course, there are Level 2 charging sites listed on Plugshare.com, including a RV park in Snyder that would let you charge, although you're charging rate would only 26-28 miles/hr.