Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tofte MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_3017.jpeg
IMG_3018.jpeg

Bluefin Bay management reports that the chargers will open in mid August. The concrete pads are in and they expanded parking for existing purposes. It appears that trailer towing vehicles will need to stash the trailer down below toward the lake. I have a couple of pictures that I will post if allowed on the forum.
I doubt Bluefin Bay management fully understands “Tesla Time”!

Arrowhead Electric Coop is here today running power to the transformer. Rumor is that the switch will be turned on in the second week of September. Tesla time.
I was holding out (likely irrational) hope that it would be active by Labor Day weekend, as we're heading to the North Shore for a few days. Maybe I'll still get lucky! But I'm not holding my breath... ;)

I was holding out (likely irrational) hope that it would be active by Labor Day weekend, as we're heading to the North Shore for a few days. Maybe I'll still get lucky! But I'm not holding my breath... ;)
I didn’t notice a transformer in any of the pictures, so that would be a big factor in timing.
I will be going by on September 5th, so I’ll more pictures when it is further along.

I didn’t notice a transformer in any of the pictures, so that would be a big factor in timing.
I will be going by on September 5th, so I’ll more pictures when it is further along.

A previous poster wrote this: "Arrowhead Electric Coop is here today running power to the transformer."

I agree that none of the pictures show a transformer. That said, there aren't pictures showing an empty slab where a transformer would go either, so it's unclear if one is actually there or not.

Since you’re head up there this weekend, Perhaps you can stop in at the Cafe and inquire with the manager on duty for the tentative completion or if there are any issues holding things up? It’s really odd to have all the pedestals missing the outer covers. Inquiring minds want to know. 😉

Since you’re head up there this weekend, Perhaps you can stop in at the Cafe and inquire with the manager on duty for the tentative completion or if there are any issues holding things up? It’s really odd to have all the pedestals missing the outer covers. Inquiring minds want to know. 😉
I’ll be going by on Tuesday; doing the whole Lake Superior drive!
I’ll get more pics; and maybe ask around…

I'm very tempted to do that! The question will be how much the family is willing to humor my obsession perfectly rational desire for more details! :D