Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tofte MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll be going by on Tuesday; doing the whole Lake Superior drive!
I’ll get more pics; and maybe ask around…
No obvious changes since 8/24. :(
Charging pylons still covered and not fully assembled. Landscaping (and fence) seems the same. No work going on, even on a weekday. No one was obviously around to ask any questions. Seems kind of stalled for now…

Attachments

• IMG_8449.jpeg
    IMG_8449.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_8448.jpeg
    IMG_8448.jpeg
    767.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8447.jpeg
    IMG_8447.jpeg
    792.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8446.jpeg
    IMG_8446.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8445.jpeg
    IMG_8445.jpeg
    819.6 KB · Views: 63
No obvious changes since 8/24. :(
Charging pylons still covered and not fully assembled. Landscaping (and fence) seems the same. No work going on, even on a weekday. No one was obviously around to ask any questions. Seems kind of stalled for now…
We stopped by Tue mid-morning on our way home. You took more pictures than I did! ;) My two were almost identical to your 2nd and 3rd, so I don't think I'll bother uploading them. I didn't notice an electrical meter anywhere, but I was trying to go quickly. I'm guessing the two square concrete posts/pedestals are for parking lot lighting; maybe that's part of the hold-up... I agree - it seems sort of stuck.

As can be seen in the pics, 2 of the 8 stalls will be pull-in.

As an aside, we did see many, many Teslas along the North Shore (MN Hwy 61).

Last edited:
We stopped by Tue mid-morning on our way home. You took more pictures than I did! ;) My two were almost identical to your 2nd and 3rd, so I don't think I'll bother uploading them. I didn't notice an electrical meter anywhere, but I was trying to go quickly. I'm guessing the two square concrete posts/pedestals are for parking lot lighting; maybe that's part of the hold-up... I agree - it seems sort of stuck.

As can be seen in the pics, 2 of the 8 stalls will be pull-in.

As an aside, we did see many, many Teslas along the North Shore (MN Hwy 61).
Funny, we probably passed each other mid-morning! :) (I was heading up the shore 9-noon that day.)
I was surprised to see so many non-Teslas on the drive (a Rivian, ID.4, Mach-E…)
Good point on the meter… It has to be going to be mounted on one of the white panel boxes on the far charging cabinet; probably on the one facing the lake and the nearby building).
I think this site will look really cool with the charging pylons lit up and so close to Hwy 61. However, one ice storm mixed with one vehicle going to fast, and half the site will be wiped out. :(

Reactions: Biking Maniac
Posted on Tesla Owners Wisconsin Facebook page. It’s interesting to see the two covered V3 cabinets on pallets while you can see a Cabinet already installed in the background of one photo.
Those 2 covered charging cabinets on pallets are new; they were not there earlier in the week. They have to be for some other nearby Supercharger site. Or, I guess they could be replacements for the already installed ones; maybe there was a problem with them…
Anyone know of a new site going in nearby that hasn‘t been publicized?

Reactions: branstad
Those 2 covered charging cabinets on pallets are new; they were not there earlier in the week. They have to be for some other nearby Supercharger site. Or, I guess they could be replacements for the already installed ones; maybe there was a problem with them…
Anyone know of a new site going in nearby that hasn‘t been publicized?
Well, Grand Marias was on the SuC Voting site at one point. Maybe Tesla is being more secretive regarding new Coming Soon locations. Several MN sites have been uncovered recently, that have never been published as Coming Soon on the Find US map.

Reactions: minnesnowta
Well, Grand Marias was on the SuC Voting site at one point. Maybe Tesla is being more secretive regarding new Coming Soon locations. Several MN sites have been uncovered recently, that have never been published as Coming Soon on the Find US map.
I think if they were for another site, they would have just delivered them there.

I wish Grand Marais was also a SC site (and it probably will be someday), but I predict (with no facts to base this on) that Tesla will build out a few sites in the iron range next. That area seems like a dead zone.

Those 2 covered charging cabinets on pallets are new; they were not there earlier in the week.

It is still really weird that there are 2 new charging cabinets sitting there…

Doesn't one of your pictures show 1 of the cabinets sitting there? (IMG_8449.jpeg)

Also, going back to Mrbrock's post in late June, there's a reference to "at least 3 SC (probably 4) cabinets pictured so this is odd that the permit clearly states 2": Supercharger - Tofte MN

Possibly related: In the Onamia (Mille Lacs) thread, there's also a reference by DMC5180 that "The third SuC cabinet seems like an Error in logistics and Shipping on Tesla’s part for this site." - Supercharger - Onamia, MN.

I agree it's a bit odd...

Last edited: