Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed, Bruce. With that said, I might add that Tesla must send out a technician to do all the end-stage voodoo before it is open to the public. Tesla may be waiting upon the 56-stall installation off Interstate 5 to be completed to send out a couple of folks to sign off on both of them. Progress at that location is proceeding apace by all accounts. I feel that Tesla strives to get this opened by Turkey Day.

It seems to me that Tesla has started to economize many of its divisions to save money on labor and other expenses. One way to save a few bucks in the Supercharger department would be to verify Superchargers as functional by bunching those that are in close proximity to each other, thereby avoiding multiple trips from afar to flip the switch at locations 80 miles apart.
It doesn't make sense to bunch it up like you said. It's not like Tesla SCs are growing like weeds everywhere. Tesla employees have to drive too. Not all Tesla employees are certified electrician/tech, but I'm sure there's enough of them around, particularly at service centers, to simply swing by and give the A-OK. If it comes down to it, Tesla can hire 1 guy, give him an FSD beta car, and have him drive all over the US to certify superchargers, and it would be faster than the 5 or so weeks that we've been waiting for the Traver location. I'd take a paycut to be that Tesla tech...beats drilling teef all day at my day job.

• Funny
Reactions: jlarios23
It doesn't make sense to bunch it up like you said. It's not like Tesla SCs are growing like weeds everywhere. Tesla employees have to drive too. Not all Tesla employees are certified electrician/tech, but I'm sure there's enough of them around, particularly at service centers, to simply swing by and give the A-OK. If it comes down to it, Tesla can hire 1 guy, give him an FSD beta car, and have him drive all over the US to certify superchargers, and it would be faster than the 5 or so weeks that we've been waiting for the Traver location. I'd take a paycut to be that Tesla tech...beats drilling teef all day at my day job.
You're in luck, Tesla is hiring Commercial Field Service Technicians, one of their responsibilities is to work on Superchargers. Two openings in Fresno. :D
Careers | Tesla

You're in luck, Tesla is hiring Commercial Field Service Technicians, one of their responsibilities is to work on Superchargers. Two openings in Fresno. :D
Careers | Tesla
Wow thanks for looking that up!

If the job provides me with an FSD beta car, I'm in! I won't forget you guys. As soon as I'm hired, let's have a goat-feeding grand opening party. I'll throw in free supercharging for the day for anyone who comes out. Just bring some carrots. BYOC.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for looking that up!

If the job provides me with an FSD beta car, I'm in! I won't forget you guys. As soon as I'm hired, let's have a goat-feeding grand opening party. I'll throw in free supercharging for the day for anyone who comes out. Just bring some carrots. BYOC.
LOL - From what I understand that if you are assigned to Supercharger work as your primary task, you are assigned a Tesla vehicle for work so you can test your work. Not sure if it will have FSD, and less likely it will have FSD beta!

BD7BDABD-D836-4A2E-88C3-6455633F0D74.jpeg
917A6FAF-83CA-4B94-8293-2CBB9B0BEFA7.jpeg

Visited today still No ⚡️ So took some obligatory glamour shots!

It’s showing up in the Tesla app now as live, 16 of 16 available. Can anyone confirm? If not, I’ll have my dad go by and check this evening since he lives just a few miles down the road
This might be moot now since the site is showing as online now, but I did some more searching and found an encroachment permit for electrical service to replace 13 utility poles including overhead electrical lines and other equipment on the east side of 6th street (I had to look up the address for the plant at 36005 instead of 36055). The permit was applied for on June 22nd and is still active. I'm not sure if this is related to the supercharging site, someone with electrical background would probably have to make that judgement: CSS