Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Traver, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t think to take a picture but I could’ve sworn today I saw a Megapack there. Can anyone confirm this on their next stop there? I saw three sets of “cabinets” which one is the 4 control cabinets for the 16 superchargers, another the switchgear cabinets, and the third which I think is the Megapack.

I didn’t think to take a picture but I could’ve sworn today I saw a Megapack there. Can anyone confirm this on their next stop there? I saw three sets of “cabinets” which one is the 4 control cabinets for the 16 superchargers, another the switchgear cabinets, and the third which I think is the Megapack.
You can see the pad where it appears that a Megapack would be dropped (concrete pad with the picnic table and conduit stubs in the middle - I cropped this picture from earlier upthread). If there was a container there, then it's likely that Tesla has indeed installed a Megapack there.

eq2eAeU.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
Closed currently. Very bad timing for labor day. I have to charge an extra 15 minutes on the entire trip to bypass.
Not that I would try to chance it but I wonder if these sporadic temporary closures at a lot of chargers as of late are really communications issues and not really closures. I suspect the chargers are still powered and would charge the car but that would be an experiment left to someone local to the chargers.

Not that I would try to chance it but I wonder if these sporadic temporary closures at a lot of chargers as of late are really communications issues and not really closures. I suspect the chargers are still powered and would charge the car but that would be an experiment left to someone local to the chargers.
Yes, that is my thought as well. I have heard that it can also be caused by technicians working on the site and aiming to divert traffic to make it easier to shut down posts for work, though why would they be doing this on a holiday weekend unless significant repairs needed to be made?

Adding a solar canopy and back up battery is installed
Love to see solar actually being added to existing Superchargers! It's darn hot there in the summer and the shade will be welcomed. I wonder if they'll also be expanding the site?

Note that the Megapack has been there a while, though. Watch your step around it, though, I've noted human waste around it before, presumably from people arriving at night when the nearby businesses are closed.

Should also make for some good shade in the afternoon
View attachment 929259
Traver is HOT in the summer time - the shade will be very much welcomed!

All the Superchargers in the central valley could use the solar - if nothing else but for the shade. The posts at the OG Tejon Ranch in the shade tend to be the most used for that reason, they seem to get used more than the rest even if it means pairing up and slower charge rates.