Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tulsa, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• Permit (Detailed).pdf
    81.3 KB · Views: 145
Yep and not too far off I-44 for everyone. Wonder if it will be in the Target paring lot?
About a 4-mile, and 10 minute diversion. Not the best, but I-44 needs help. And bonus, it's on US-75 as well.
OKC is a sizable diversion at 10.5mi/18min, so I ignore it, and as a result the start of I-44 is the longest gap on the Interstates, from the start in Wichita Falls, to Catoosa, OK.
This would be a pathetic splitter, reducing the gap from 256.1 miles to 241.6 miles.
Really, OKC needs another Supercharger location on the east side that serves I-35 and I-44.

Agree, one at I-44/I-35 junction and one in Moore / Norman. Still need another on I-40 at Henryetta
Yes, OKC, OK to Van Buren, AR is #3 in the Interstate gaps and there's no diversion. Tesla has Henryetta, OK as "Coming Soon" 2023, or in other words, they know it's needed, but they haven't done it yet.

The whole Oklahoma/Arkansas/Memphis issue is pretty obvious.

Last edited:
Yes, OKC, OK to Van Buren, AR is #3 in the Interstate gaps and there's no diversion. Tesla has Henryetta, OK as "Coming Soon" 2023, or in other words, they know it's needed, but they haven't done it yet.

The whole Oklahoma/Arkansas/Memphis issue is pretty obvious.
I swear the SC in Henryetta, OK has said "Coming Soon" since about 2017 or so.

I swear the SC in Henryetta, OK has said "Coming Soon" since about 2017 or so.

That's what I remember as well. I just drove both directions through there last week. Charging for nearly an hour on both ends to make it through east Oklahoma is no fun.

But with the CCS adapter there's options now. I think the Francis site in Henrietta might have their own adapter as well. It's worth asking I think.

Reactions: TulsaCoker
That's what I remember as well. I just drove both directions through there last week. Charging for nearly an hour on both ends to make it through east Oklahoma is no fun.

But with the CCS adapter there's options now. I think the Francis site in Henrietta might have their own adapter as well. It's worth asking I think.
Before Denison I had to rely on chademo and Francis. It was rough.

Now I have ccs and it’s easier. Will love when new Tesla Tulsa is opened. Hopefully v4.

Just some advice - never trust Francis. They’re great because it fills in Tesla gaps, however like a lot of 3rd party chargers, they are very unreliable - especially with the adapters. I would say about a 50% success rate.

So just give yourself enough margin where if one site doesn’t work you won’t be stranded.

• Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
Before Denison I had to rely on chademo and Francis. It was rough.

Now I have ccs and it’s easier. Will love when new Tesla Tulsa is opened. Hopefully v4.

Just some advice - never trust Francis. They’re great because it fills in Tesla gaps, however like a lot of 3rd party chargers, they are very unreliable - especially with the adapters. I would say about a 50% success rate.

So just give yourself enough margin where if one site doesn’t work you won’t be stranded.
That Denison SC is a gamechanger for driving to and from Dallas. I do not think we could have made it in our X last weekend without it. Charged from ~40 to 86% in about 25ish minutes. Arrived in Tulsa with 14%.

Tulsa, OK

Host Type: Mall
Host: Tulsa Hills Shopping Center
Along Primary Interstates: I-44
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-75
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-44

To: Catoosa, OK (v2) - 18.3 miles
Diversion: 4.3 miles
To: Joplin, MO - 114.2 miles

US-75

To: Topeka, KS (v2) - 227.2 miles
Diversion: 0.7 miles
To: Sioux City - Southern Hills Dr, IA - 486.7 miles

Pathetic splitter! On I-44, splits 256.1 miles, 242.1 miles from the start near Wichita Falls, TX, 18.3 miles to Catoosa, OK.

Reactions: CarlS
I’ve been keeping an eye on a dumpster where I guessed these chargers might be going and spotted two “All R Electric” electrician vans parked right next to it.

There was a mall cop parked near them so I couldn’t get a picture of the two electrician vans but here is an old pic of the area if anyone else want to drive by the area I’m talking about.

9E5186EA-BA60-487F-903E-5C91E9D48F14.jpeg

About a 4-mile, and 10 minute diversion. Not the best, but I-44 needs help. And bonus, it's on US-75 as well.
OKC is a sizable diversion at 10.5mi/18min, so I ignore it, and as a result the start of I-44 is the longest gap on the Interstates, from the start in Wichita Falls, to Catoosa, OK.
This would be a pathetic splitter, reducing the gap from 256.1 miles to 241.6 miles.
Really, OKC needs another Supercharger location on the east side that serves I-35 and I-44.
ill take a look through whatever local permits I can find, though if its in Del City or Midwest City I may be out of luck, as IIRC they don't have web access permit searches