Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oklahoma City, OK - W Sheridan Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐
Description: TESLA Installation of Tesla Electric Vehicle Charging Station · INSTALL (2) TESLA SUPERCHARGER CABINETS, EACH W/ (1) SIDE-MOUNTED 600A DISCONNECT · INSTALL (8) TESLA CHARGING POSTS · INSTALL (1) UTILITY TRANSFORMER FOUNDATION

1683313572341.png

https://access.okc.gov/aca/Cap/CapD...pID3=03323&agencyCode=OKC&IsToShowInspection=

Attachments

• Oklahoma City, OK_CD100_Rev.0_04.21.23.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Reactions: MarkeR2002
Glad to see people traveling I-35 won't have to go so-far out of the way anymore! North and east of this location are some nice restaurants and apartments. Directly south and west is a homeless shelter and tents. This area is regularly parked up if The Jones Assembly has a concert. Hopefully that isn't an issue.

OM.G. Double splitter of #1 and #6, although creating #12 and another just over 100.
I was wrong. Duh.

It's a triple Splitter! I forgot about I-40, where it's a Pathetic Splitter! of the #3 gap!

Oklahoma City - W Sheridan Ave, OK

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Sonic
Along Primary Interstates: I-35, I-40, I-44
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-77, US-270
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35

To: Perry, OK (v2) - 63.3 miles
Diversion: 6.1 miles
To: Wichita, KS (v2) - 155.7 miles

I-40

To: Van Buren, AR - 187.5 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: Ozark, AR - 216.8 miles

I-44

To: Tulsa, OK - 105.2 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Catoosa, OK (v2) - 119.8 miles

US-62

To: Lowell, AR - 250 miles
Diversion: 6.1 miles
To: Miner, MO (v2) - 605.6 miles

US-77

To: Perry, OK (v2) - 69.5 miles
Diversion: 4.3 miles
To: Lincoln - West O St, NE - 443.4 miles (Construction)

US-270

To: End (I-530/US-65 nw of Pine Bluff, AR) - 385.7 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles

A Triple Splitter! Oklahoma City, OK has needed another Supercharger to reduce diversions for I-35 and I-44.

On I-35 splits 155.2 miles, 98 miles from Ardmore, OK, 63.3 miles to Perry, OK. That's #6 on the list.
On I-40 pathetically splits 194.4 miles, 8.1 miles from Oklahoma City, OK, 187.5 miles to Van Buren, AR. That's #3 on the list.
On I-44 splits 242.1 miles, 137.5 miles from Wichita Falls, TX, 105.2 miles to Tulsa, OK. That's #1 on the list.

Also on 3 US Numbered Highways. On US-62, plus on US-77, which parallels I-35, and US-270, which is concurrent with I-40.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
I love the fact that we're getting a V3 charger on I-40 but I wish it were just a few miles farther East. I'll take what we can get. Hopefully we can get one or two more to spread out the load. It's shameful that "some" cross country travelers have to route through Tulsa just to get from OKC to destinations on East I-40.

I was waiting for our favorite Cinco de Mayo restaurant to open yesterday for lunch and decided to look at all the surrounding SC's that the car could see. At 10:45 am Wichita, Perry, OKC, Ardmore, and Denton SC's all hat 10+ minute wait times. Not sure what was happening on I-35 but that was the first I'd seen it that bad on a Thursday.

I'll drive by this location and take pics as it moves along.

page 7, on the equipment layout it calls out for V4 stalls, and I couldn't find mention of V3 on that page

Page 8 does show specs for both V3 and V4 like we've seen at other new sites. Looks like boilerplate in the docs for recent new sites that wound up being V3 sites.

There's also a second doc "Reviewed-Corrections-Required.pdf"

While I'm very happy OKC is getting a new centrally located Tesla SC, and kudos to any business willing to host a site, I'm sad and somewhat embarrassed that it's being placed where it is. Some locals will disagree but this spot is an armpit compared to the rest of downtown, Bricktown, or even across the street. Yes, there are some nice features to the North and the rest of downtown, but the massive City Rescue mission is 50 yards to the South. I went by this morning to take pics and there was a steady stream of shopping cart people rifling through the Sonic trash and makeshift camps setup on the other side of the short brown fence to the South in the pics. The building behind the fence is abandoned and partialy boarded up. The Sonic closes at midnight. I worked downtown for 30+ years and have street smarts. Frankly, I would not charge here after dark, much less my wife or daughter, etc. Yes, some will argue that there's a police presence during events at the upscale "The Jones Assembly" but they evaporate as soon as that's over if they're there at all. Looking at the sanitized Google Maps view does not make your hair go stiff on your neck like it does when you show up here. I've charged at 72 SC's in good and bad places, but this one ranks near the bottom.

This makes me very sad. I'd much rather people see the very cool downtown area that is just a few blocks East that most will never be exposed to.

Here's a couple of preliminary pics without the "locals."

20230509_100302.jpg20230509_100442.jpg

On the other hand, if it was at Bricktown, it would likely be filled up by local Tesla owners spending an evening there. There’s advantages to remote locations. Especially on a Saturday evening after a Sooners game in Norman. And as long as I can get a corn dog and Cherry Limeade, it’s a big step above several of the chargers I’ve been to.

A couple of questions. Does this Sonic have restrooms? And does it look at all possible that Sonic could make these ordering stalls?

Reactions: L3X1