Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Glendale, CA - N Glendale Ave (under construction Aug 2023, 16 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guacahummus

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2020
Tex 📐

Attachments

• 1684639449164.png
    1684639449164.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 618
Access might be easier from California rather than Glendale Avenue.

(At least it would have been when I lived in Glendale until I moved away in 1983. Glendale Avenue became a mess when the lumber yard went out of business, morphed into a toy store, and department stores and strip malls started to fill the void.)

The contractor for this Glendale Fashion Center site called me today regarding the brand new 26 stall(of 3) in Burbank. He said once they started construction, it would only take them about 2 months to finish this Glendale location.

View attachment 997815
View attachment 997815View attachment 997816
Just pulled up to this charger and the gates are gone, but there’s one problem. All of the chargers except 8 of them are non Tesla chargers where the plugs not going to reach. Not sure what teslas thinking…
I initially read your comment and I was like: what does he mean? And then i re read and noticed in the picture. The cables might not reach the port and if they do, they are going to be stretch to the extreme.

I was told by a Tesla Energy tech that many superchargers that were installed in the last 6 months have been centered in the parking space on purpose, with plans to upgrade the post to V4 in the future. The longer charge cable will make up for any deficiencies at that point. This install in Glendale however would be the first I've seen of a surface mount charge pedestal that would be interchangeable to V4. Excited to see the progress here.

I was told by a Tesla Energy tech that many superchargers that were installed in the last 6 months have been centered in the parking space on purpose, with plans to upgrade the post to V4 in the future. The longer charge cable will make up for any deficiencies at that point. This install in Glendale however would be the first I've seen of a surface mount charge pedestal that would be interchangeable to V4. Excited to see the progress here.
Seems odd to be installing an unusable pedestal in the meantime, though?

That’s really interesting for Tesla to do. I did consider that Tesla could re stripe the lines to match the charging pedestals but i noticed that some pedestals were positioned too far to the right/left. That could work on some of the pedestals but others would not be accessible for any Teslas even if restriped since there’s bollards and wiring in the way. Now I’m thinking that it could all be upgraded to a super long V4 cable that can extend out to the standard Tesla charge port location if you pull in to the stall. Can’t wait to see what Tesla actually does with this location…

That’s really interesting for Tesla to do. I did consider that Tesla could re stripe the lines to match the charging pedestals but i noticed that some pedestals were positioned too far to the right/left. That could work on some of the pedestals but others would not be accessible for any Teslas even if restriped since there’s bollards and wiring in the way. Now I’m thinking that it could all be upgraded to a super long V4 cable that can extend out to the standard Tesla charge port location if you pull in to the stall. Can’t wait to see what Tesla actually does with this location…
If the spacing between chargers is not uniform, it's likely because there will be a designated accessible charging space. If so, some restriping is a given. With V4, a centered postion with longer cables would certainly work, but I don't think we've actually seen a location set up that way yet, and it does seem odd to put in V3s in an arrangement that makes them unusable. I guess we'll see.

Just stopped by the Supercherger for a progress check... so far they restriped all of the stalls and put cones in front of the stalls. Hopefully this can open soon for all EVs, but it looks like Teslas won't be able to reach the currently installed V3 stalls, until they upgrade them to V4.
img_1812-jpeg.1014895
IMG_1813.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: rayluis1988
Small Supercharger Update -
New parking stops on the other side of the SC stalls.
New caution tape at 3 parking spots next to the currently installed SC stalls.
A mobile storage box next to the parking stops visible in the picture, and new white internet data wiring for SC internet (starlink?) not pictured.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.jpeg
    IMG_3175.jpeg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1