Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Watertown, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
So this just popped up Open on Supercharge.info:
Watertown, NY
21182 Salmon Run Mall Loop W

Creating a thread because every Supercharger deserves one.

Interstates: I-81
US Number Highway <= 5 miles: US-11

I-81:
To: End (Wellesley Island, NY) - 31.1 miles
To: Kingston, ON - 62 miles
To: Cornwall, ON - 116 miles

Looks like it's a big deal for the connection to Montreal. :)

To: Gatineau, QC - 127 miles
Oh and Ottawa, ON/Gatineau, QC. Forget about there.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You beat me to it! Anyway, I'm here charging and verified it's working! This was a huge surprise! I found out about it on plugshare!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: techmaven
Nice find and location.
Could have used it last September when I visited Ogdensburg (Frederic Sackrider Remington Art Museum ==>> awesome).
I was pretty certain I couldn't make it back, went on to charge @ Cornwall, and circled Lake Ontario.

Two other NEW Superchargers on that loop are Port Hope and Grimsby.
Seems the entire area is filling in very nicely.

This one is really exciting for me. I live in the North Country and all my family is in the Syracuse area about 150 miles away. I'm a Model 3 reservation holder and had been considering a used S60 but I was worried it or a base 3 wouldn't have enough range in winter. This location being right off the route I take anyway means a 10 minute stop will give me enough power to not have to worry about range in any conditions.

Although I do wish they'd put it on the other side of the highway next to the Five Guys instead... :D

I've received a bunch of announcement e-mails after I bought my car. The most distant one was for Asheville, NC, over 400 miles away! On the other hand, I don't seem to have received one for Harrisburg. Maybe they're cutting down the radius to avoid spamming people so much.

For whatever reason, it seems to take them about a week after opening before they send out the announcement. I'm not sure if they try to do a "soft opening" before telling everybody or if they're just slow.

I'm charging at this supercharger right now. It's topping out at 72A. That said, I'm happy it's here and it will make getting to/from Ottawa a lot easier. It was a nice surprise to see when plotting our route from Erie last night.

Stupid question: have you tried multiple stalls?

Either way, please notify Tesla if you haven't already done so.

Last edited:
Stupid question: have you tried multiple stalls?

Either way, please notify Tesla if you haven't already done so.

I have, and I did. FWIW when I've reported them in the past, I was given the impression that they had data on charging rates for the chargers, likely from the cars themselves. E.g., a rep said I should use stall 1A because her data indicated that the one I was using was slow.