Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Watsonville, CA (LIVE 24 Jul 2019, 14 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the small white boxes are boost/buck transformers, which are used for making minor adjustments to the voltage going into the actual charger cabinets. At least that was my understanding from reading other posts here...they seem to be pretty common in NorCal Superchargers, not sure about elsewhere. But the big green PG&E transformer is still needed.

Bruce.
Just saw both types of transformer at the Cape May set up.

Reactions: bmah
424168C8-6DD2-41EF-B443-6B29DFBFA699.jpeg 5B1FE75F-F20D-4F7E-A69B-19F6B4B2418A.jpeg A4B0A422-EB55-466F-98C8-6F0CBABA3EAB.jpeg
I was at 68%, so couldn’t test full charge rate.

I showed up because that's what we do on the first day, but when I got in the car (2-hour drive) the Supercharger didn't show on the map.

I feared someone had jumped the gun, but nice day for a drive. When I got there the light on the charge port on my car was stuck on blue. Really thought I was screwed. Got back in the car and started to look for an alternate place to charge as I was really low when suddenly it started. Claimed it would be an hour to fill the car. But it wasn't charging me money charge. I went to El Pollo Loco for a snack. When I got back I noticed that it now was showing up on the map, so I unplugged and plugged back in. This time it did charge me.

I must have been there for the tiniest transition window from test to release. So congrats! It's open.

fullsizeoutput_4afd.jpeg

-Randy

I showed up because that's what we do on the first day, but when I got in the car (2-hour drive) the Supercharger didn't show on the map.

I feared someone had jumped the gun, but nice day for a drive. When I got there the light on the charge port on my car was stuck on blue. Really thought I was screwed. Got back in the car and started to look for an alternate place to charge as I was really low when suddenly it started. Claimed it would be an hour to fill the car. But it wasn't charging me money charge. I went to El Pollo Loco for a snack. When I got back I noticed that it now was showing up on the map, so I unplugged and plugged back in. This time it did charge me.

I must have been there for the tiniest transition window from test to release. So congrats! It's open.

View attachment 434294

-Randy
I saw you there! I was the other car in the picture. Nice to have others verify it’s working, so I’m not the lone lunatic.

I didn’t realize it got put on the Tesla map. I just had to run out to my car to check. :)

By the way, the supercharge.info site shows it as 10 stalls instead of 14. Who maintains that?

Also plugshare shows it closed still.

Reactions: Ulmo
The disappointing thing about doing these first-day runs is that I can NEVER check-in with PlugShare. They don't let them go up until Tesla submits the info so I cannot put in info about the site unless I create my own site which will vanish I guess when the official one is created.

At least TezLab was ready to take feedback about the site in their app, before it was even on the Tesla map.

Probably shouldn't have bragged about not being charged for the energy, I now have a charge against my acct. It was fun while it lasted.

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and GregRF

View attachment 434294

-Randy
Does it finally tell you how much it costs live like on gas pumps?