Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Waxahachie, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waxahachie, TX

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Collin Street Bakery
Along Primary Interstates: I-35
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-77, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35

To: Red Oak, TX - 7.9 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Dallas - S Riverfront Blvd, TX - 26.1 miles

US-77

To: Red Oak, TX - 9.2 miles
Diversion: 4.7 miles
To: Dallas - S Riverfront Blvd, TX - 27.4 miles

US-287

To: Haltom City, TX - 41.8 miles
Diversion: 0.6 miles
To: Henrietta, TX (v2) - 132.1 miles

More capacity and density on I-35 and the concurrent US-77, but I think the major impact is that it's on US-287, for anybody traveling between Houston and Fort Worth, Amarillo or points beyond.

Has the transformer/meter from the utility been installed? Seen other TX sites recently get held up on this step for a while like in Post, TX. Pictures would also be helpful, particularly of the transformer or pad (where it would go if it's not there).

Reactions: corywright
IMG_3765.jpeg

I didn’t have time to stop as I was on my way to work, but I hope these help!
Yeah, if that is the pad in front of the cabinets for the transformer, the transformer still seems to be missing (would probably be a big green box). The transformer installation is usually the responsibility of the power utility so that site may just be waiting on that now. No idea what it's like over in Waxahachie but when Post, Tx was installed... it took Xcel Energy months to get that transformer installed once the site was otherwise ready.

Yeah, if that is the pad in front of the cabinets for the transformer, the transformer still seems to be missing (would probably be a big green box). The transformer installation is usually the responsibility of the power utility so that site may just be waiting on that now. No idea what it's like over in Waxahachie but when Post, Tx was installed... it took Xcel Energy months to get that transformer installed once the site was otherwise ready.
The reason I've found for the delay is the site work has to pass inspections before the utility company will release the transformer to be set, and those pad mount transformers are not always sitting in stock. It's not uncommon for SC sites wait months for the transformer to arrive. Its now just drive by inspections until someone spots the "big green box" on that pad where a trash bag appears to be covering the wires.

I feel silly for not noticing the absence of the transformer, haha. Thank you all for pointing that out.

I am not able to make a judgement reading through these threads in this forum, if any progress and movement has happened in any of the sites since the big layoffs last month. Or are we simply reporting progress that happened as of last month.

I haven't read a single site that was opened in the last two weeks.