Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Weaverville, CA (LIVE 10 Feb 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this on the Tesla website today. This will be a game changer for people exploring Trinity county and heading to the coast.
261BAC61-035B-4C48-BCA8-12876E2C4130.jpeg

Reactions: ohmman and Blup85
In December 2020 I commented in the Northern California Supercharger Speculation thread about Weaverville potentially getting a supercharger. I had found a mention of Tesla contacting the Trinity Public Utility District in October and asking whether there was sufficient electrical capacity for them to put in a supercharger at an unspecified location in Weaverville. A quick google search of the PUD website shows no other relevant information besides a comment from a Jan. 2021 meeting that they hadn't heard anything else from Tesla yet.

Tesla is looking at a potential future supercharger location somewhere near Weaverville, CA. The town is at the intersection of CA-299 and CA-3, about 1/3 of the way from Redding to Eureka (~45 miles west of Redding and ~100 miles east of Eureka).

https://www.trinitypud.com/pdf/minutes/2020 Minutes/202010 October 8.pdf

"Tesla Charging Station
Tesla has inquired about whether or not the District has capacity to provide 1,000 amp service at a location in Weaverville. Staff plans to meet with representatives on-site October 13, 2020. Director Morris inquired if Tesla had shared how they identified Weaverville as a potential location for charging stations, advising that Jim Aven had sent a request to Tesla directly for consideration. Mr. Hauser advised that Tesla did not share that information, but that the District had also contacted Tesla through their website to see if there was any interest in installing charging stations in Weaverville."

I drove through today from Eureka to Chico, looked around but didn't see any action. It's downtown seems like a nice place to stretch your legs and walk around while charging, but wonder about towing ( with CT coming) if they would put it in a larger parking lot.
With that in mind, my money is on the supermarket parking lot. There aren't a lot of large lots that I could see while driving through town.
Only time will tell I guess.

Dropped pin

Screenshot_20210523-222538_Maps.jpg

I believe that the new Supercharger in Alturas is at the Holiday Market, so perhaps you are onto something there. Holiday Market is all over the north state. Maybe Tesla has arranged for a smattering of rural Superchargers at Holiday Markets the way they have done with much larger regional and national chains like Target, Sheetz, and Kum and Go.

This is a fantastic addition to the network, absolutely perfect general location on Hwy 299. I wish it were closer to the older section of town, as there are far more appealing things to walk around and see, but I don't think you have the parking lot space like in this shopping center. I really enjoy Weaverville but it is very challenging due to all the mountains. I've drove through from home to the Red Bluff supercharger no problem, but staying in Weaverville meant either getting a Chademo or CCS adapter or using an RV space overnight. This will allow lots of forays up into the Trinity Alps trails etc. that were really a stretch before. So happy.

Reactions: Trekboy

Kudos to @Blup85 on calling it early. The August meeting of the Trinity PUD Board of Directors contained confirmation that the supercharger will be at the Holiday Market and that the project is still moving forward.
A discussion regarding the progress on the Tesla charging stations in the Holiday Market ensued. The Tesla project is moving forward and the required transformer has been ordered. Mr. Lethbridge did not yet know the timeline for installation.

1632502793155.png

Address: 1665 Main St, Weaverville, CA 96093
GPS: 40.720505, -122.928071

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright I believe this should be sufficient for a dot.

Kudos to @Blup85 on calling it early. The August meeting of the Trinity PUD Board of Directors contained confirmation that the supercharger will be at the Holiday Market and that the project is still moving forward.

View attachment 713647

Address: 1665 Main St, Weaverville, CA 96093
GPS: 40.720505, -122.928071

@Chuq @MarcoRP @corywright I believe this should be sufficient for a dot.
Rolled past this location today and there appears to be some construction staging in the western corner of the holiday market lot by CVS. May be related to the new traffic light on Lance Gulch Rd though.

299 between Burnt Ranch and Del Loma is in a very bad state with rock slides. Pilot cars and one lane section right now in addition to burnt timber removal along the canyon.

This is a great spot near many Trinity Alps trailheads. What amazing growth this network has made since I first purchased my S and had to go very slowly just to make it to the first Supercharger (Harris Ranch) and again from there to the only other one (Tejon Ranch) headed south on I-5.

Once Tesla installs Superchargers in Hayfork and Etna you'll be in great shape. :cool: (By the way, decades ago the pharmacy in Etna had an old-fashioned soda fountain that served fabulous sodas, sundaes, and phosphates. The pharmacy was closed when I drove through in my S five years ago, so I don't know if the fountain is still open for business.)

I had to go very slowly as well from Eureka to Mt. Shasta City via Weaverville, Callahan, and Gazelle. Even stopped at an RV Park hard by the Trinity River for 45 minutes to grab 8 kWh to be safe.

I just drove by there today, @zeptomoby stole my thunder with his great pictures. ;) But here are some more… to capture other angles. (The first shot is a parking lot panorama)

It really is an awesome location, right on the 299, right next to a Burger King (only fast food in town), and across the parking lot there is a Holiday grocery store, CVS, and a Subway sandwich shop. Just across the 299 is a taco shop, and the “Tangle Blue Saloon“ (bar and pizza).

Attachments

• 8AF06938-2570-4738-8A68-2B5FC2EC98CB.jpeg
    8AF06938-2570-4738-8A68-2B5FC2EC98CB.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 43AD92A8-51F2-46AE-97AD-9C1C48A7718D.jpeg
    43AD92A8-51F2-46AE-97AD-9C1C48A7718D.jpeg
    697.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 8657333A-D3A2-4AFB-AF8E-204064EEE199.jpeg
    8657333A-D3A2-4AFB-AF8E-204064EEE199.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited: