Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Weed, CA (under construction, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a great spot that can service people on road trips up and down the west coast between WA, OR and CA.
For you or the car?

1685999971224.png

Weed, CA

Host Type: Uncertain
Host: 0
Along Primary Interstates: I-5
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-97
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-5

To: Yreka, CA - 26.7 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles
To: Ashland, OR - 64.5 miles

US-97

To: Klamath Falls, OR (v2) - 72.7 miles
Diversion: 0 miles
To: Bend, OR (v2) - 206.4 miles

I-5 density, V3, and better charging on US-97 to/from Klamath Falls, OR.

Reactions: bruce4000
Need another photo, I can’t figure out the location unless they raised the site, seems to high. Yes, I am probably the only person on this forum who was raised in Weed(and yes, fun conversations when I got to college(also college was the first time I saw a traffic light)). So weird to think my little hometown is getting Superchargers, I remember the incredible buzz when we actually got a McDonald’s.

Reactions: Falcon73
Need another photo, I can’t figure out the location unless they raised the site, seems to high. Yes, I am probably the only person on this forum who was raised in Weed(and yes, fun conversations when I got to college(also college was the first time I saw a traffic light)). So weird to think my little hometown is getting Superchargers, I remember the incredible buzz when we actually got a McDonald’s.
The photo is of the Redding Hilltop supercharger, and was posted here: Supercharger - Redding, CA - Hilltop Dr. (LIVE 15 Nov 2023, 44 stalls)

Not sure why a picture of a different site was posted, possibly a mistake? @Fnlrun, is that your Twitter, and did you get a pic of the Weed site?

(I was tipped off by being unable to find a Hampton Inn and Suites in Weed, as is visible in the background of the photo.)

Last edited:
If you look carefully in the photo in the middle left-hand part above the Supercharger stalls, there appears to be a "Hampton Inn & Suites" illuminated sign.

I do not think that Weed has a Hampton Inn. This leads me to believe that the photograph is some sort of stock photo from another location.

But, as usual, I could be wrong.

Edit: Ninja'ed by Speight.

The photo is of the Redding Hilltop supercharger, and was posted here: Supercharger - Redding, CA - Hilltop Dr. (LIVE 15 Nov 2023, 44 stalls)

Not sure why a picture of a different site was posted, possibly a mistake? @Fnlrun, is that your Twitter, and did you get a pic of the Weed site?

(I was tipped off by being unable to find a Hampton Inn and Suites in Weed, as is visible in the background of the photo.)
Ya thats my car at the 44 in Redding Ca. It was a quick copy and paste for the Weed info. I can totally see how that was confusing AF

I go up to Bend occasionally and this is an option if I skip Mt. Shasta, but I have a soft spot for the Shasta location since it was one of the earliest locations I visited many years ago. I like to stop and get a quick bite at the original Black Bear Diner and take in the view. I suspect I'm unlikely to stop charging there, especially since that location generally is quite empty, but it's nice to know I have another option.

Reactions: Ckerr and Trekboy
I stopped by last Friday (Jan. 5, 2024) and took these pictures. The site is paved, and ready for the chargers. It will be a little bit before it opens, but it shouldn't be too long. Looks like a plain old city lot. Valero (mini-mart) on one side, and a Chevron (mini-mart) on the other. The Hi-Lo Cafe is on the other side of the Valero, and it is a great breakfast spot.......so hopefully you visit this when you are hangry for that meal.

Attachments

• 20240105_134120.jpg
    20240105_134120.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20240105_134127.jpg
    20240105_134127.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240105_134213.jpg
    20240105_134213.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 44
I stopped by last Friday (Jan. 5, 2024) and took these pictures. The site is paved, and ready for the chargers. It will be a little bit before it opens, but it shouldn't be too long. Looks like a plain old city lot. Valero (mini-mart) on one side, and a Chevron (mini-mart) on the other. The Hi-Lo Cafe is on the other side of the Valero, and it is a great breakfast spot.......so hopefully you visit this when you are hangry for that meal.
The most recent Google street view from 2021 shows the location between Chevron and Valero as a mostly-vacant paved lot for sale, so probably not a public lot. I wonder if Tesla is leasing it, or bought the lot outright.

From the photos, it seems supercharge.info has the pin on the wrong side of the street. More accurate coordinates are
41.421640, -122.384754 @Chuq @corywright

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: corywright and Chuq
Did I grow up in a small town? You betcha. It made the local TV news tonight. The reporter said there will be 16 V4 chargers! Of course I won’t believe it until I see it. Weed bought the lot for $50,000 and it has taken 4 years to get this far. I am amazed they raised that much. I remember the city asking the high school for kids to volunteer to come wash the fire truck(singular)

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman
Yes, the pin was in the wrong place and it is between the two gas stations. Also yes it was a vacant lot, the local news was thoughtful enough to show a picture of it before work started

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 41