Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Weed, CA (under construction, 16 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did I grow up in a small town? You betcha. It made the local TV news tonight. The reporter said there will be 16 V4 chargers! Of course I won’t believe it until I see it. Weed bought the lot for $50,000 and it has taken 4 years to get this far. I am amazed they raised that much. I remember the city asking the high school for kids to volunteer to come wash the fire truck(singular)
Oh interesting, I hadn't considered the possibility of the city purchasing a new lot specifically to develop as an EV charging location. I think the other supercharger installations we've seen on public property have all been preexisting parking lots or garages.

Wish the local station streamed the story. Getting 2nd hand info from friends whose whole experience with EV’s is the electric golf cart at Lake Shastina. Someone just relayed the story ended with “unknown when it will be completed, the Tesla V4 stations are ‘backordered’” . Yeah, sounds strange to me too.

I take it back, they did post the story. They did confirm they will be V4. Will have a good view of Mt Shasta to boot

Reactions: otter
I drove past on Saturday the 13th. The area is still fenced and a mess. A number of containers that were wrapped up with a logo of sorts were within the fenced area.

I did not take pictures, regrettably. My guess is that construction will recommence shortly. I would hope that Tesla would have this up and running before the summer season hits in earnest. This location is super convenient not only for I-5 travelers but also for heading to/from Bend on US97. The Superchargers in K-Falls are quite a ways of US97. They are sorta handy if one continues into California on OR39/CA139, but otherwise a good 10+ minute detour if continuing on US97.

Daughter sent me this today. I will be there tomorrow and see if the Cabinets are in the ground. I doubt they're REAL V4 power but we will find out!!

Attachments

• GLjbno0a0AAEaBs.jpg
    GLjbno0a0AAEaBs.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 7
Not sure how to ping the supercharge.info people, as it's still listed as V3 on there.

Also, this isn't on Plugshare yet, so someone posted one of these photos to the wrong site (the PowerNode charging site under construction up the road).

Yes but I don't think that supercharge.info makes that distinction. They have many V4 stall sites listed in NA and AFAIK none have V4 cabinets.

When we see "V3" and "V4" in supercharge.info that's referring to the pedestals, not the charger cabinets.

They've been working on some changes that allow for more details, some of which which rolled out recently. I suspect we'll have to wait until V4 cabinets get deployed to see how those get shown.

Anyway, @Guacahummus @corywright @Big Earl this site should show V4 stalls/pedestals.

Bruce.