Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Westampton, NJ

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
Bit of an odd site, just a few exits north on 295 from the Maple Shade one. I'm a assuming they are just doing it to relieve congestion since its such a heavily travelled route. Great to see them being proactive, but I really wish they would add one in the King of Prussia area instead. I'd also love to see a massive 40 stall site on the east coast somewhere too.

aasandsas

Nov 1, 2018
Bit of an odd site, just a few exits north on 295 from the Maple Shade one. I'm a assuming they are just doing it to relieve congestion since its such a heavily travelled route. Great to see them being proactive, but I really wish they would add one in the King of Prussia area instead. I'd also love to see a massive 40 stall site on the east coast somewhere too.

Blame local utilities for not getting SC near KOP.

Delmarva power has been great in Delaware and Maryland. Also applies to Southern Jersey area.

Kewmpie1

Supporting Member
Jan 22, 2019
East Brunswick, NJ
I agree, very odd. It’s not even that convenient from I-295, which is not a particularly important route for travelers anyway. I’ll appreciate it since it’s very close to my parents home, but they couldn’t be doing this just for me, could they??

jaguar36

Apr 10, 2014
NJ
Blame local utilities for not getting SC near KOP.

Delmarva power has been great in Delaware and Maryland. Also applies to Southern Jersey area.
There are a few Superchargers in Peco’s service area now, so that is no longer the issue. This one is in PSEGs service area and the rest in south Jersey are in AC Electric’s territory.

I suspect they’ve had a few sites fall through in the KoP area and just arent making it a priority.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
You’re right. My bad - I thought it was at another Wawa...
Yeah, this Wawa is a new one that they just recently built at the end of last year/beginning of this year. Not surprising that you might have thought it was somewhere else less accessible if you focused on "Wawa in or near Westampton".

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC