Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wheat Ridge, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to a post on the Denver Tesla Club FB page it's already under construction at the Colorado Mills mall over by the Yard House and the existing Electrify America chargers.
Yeah, created thread here Supercharger - Lakewood, CO (Colorado Mills)

We missed them by 50 feet when we scouted out the Electrify America chargers last week! We should've gone around the wall! It's just hundreds of feet from the hotel I mentioned a few days ago! Argh!

Wheat Ridge Speaks - Specific Development Plan at 3432 Clear Creek Drive (Kum & Go)

Possibly a new eventual location for the Wheat Ridge supercharger. Kum & Go is building a new store as the first part of the Clear Creek Crossing development (on the other side of the freeway from Applewood Village). Included in their planning application presentation was a mention of their intention to bring EV charging to the store. They said they had prior partnerships with a couple of different DCFC providers, naming Tesla and ChargePoint specifically. One will be chosen, but it wasn't specified who it would be for this particular project. The slide for this point included pics of a supercharger at another store, so I would say there's a decent chance it's Tesla, but not a lock. And the DCFC build will have to apply for it's own approvals separately from the store building process.

Address: 3432 Clear Creek Drive

Wheat Ridge Speaks - Specific Development Plan at 3432 Clear Creek Drive (Kum & Go)

Possibly a new eventual location for the Wheat Ridge supercharger. Kum & Go is building a new store as the first part of the Clear Creek Crossing development (on the other side of the freeway from Applewood Village). Included in their planning application presentation was a mention of their intention to bring EV charging to the store. They said they had prior partnerships with a couple of different DCFC providers, naming Tesla and ChargePoint specifically. One will be chosen, but it wasn't specified who it would be for this particular project. The slide for this point included pics of a supercharger at another store, so I would say there's a decent chance it's Tesla, but not a lock. And the DCFC build will have to apply for it's own approvals separately from the store building process.

Address: 3432 Clear Creek Drive

I would be really surprised if they added another supercharger station that close to the Lakewood install. I suspect the original planned Wheat Ridge location ended up in Lakewood, and nothing will happen in Wheat Ridge.

Someone mentioned Steamboat Springs was putting in CCS so maybe Kum & Go would put some in the Denver area as well. They don't all have to be Superchargers. I'm sure they'd like to serve all EVs in the future but don't need both Superchargers and CCS at each location.

Further, I don't see anything DCFC related in the initial plans for the site
Yeah, I looked too. They aren't on the plans because they aren't part of this application. The charging stations will need to go through their own application process. My impression was that it was because they hadn't yet settled on who they were going to use nor any of the exact details about the size of the station. Definitely not worth it to wait and let it hold up progress on the store which was ready to move forward.

Reactions: sdoorex
I suspect the original planned Wheat Ridge location ended up in Lakewood, and nothing will happen in Wheat Ridge.
That was my thought also when Lakewood was first done. But Lakewood/Colorado Mills has been active for 8 months already and Wheat Ridge is still on Tesla's Find Us map. Given that resource's unreliability, that's certainly not a guarantee that they're still planning to do something in Wheat Ridge, but I would class it is pretty suggestive that they will. Tesla is usually a bit better than that about taking deprecated pins off their map in situations like that. Of course, that doesn't say anything about the particular K&G location I just listed as a possibility.

• Informative
Reactions: sdoorex and MarcoRP
Yeah, I looked too. They aren't on the plans because they aren't part of this application. The charging stations will need to go through their own application process. My impression was that it was because they hadn't yet settled on who they were going to use nor any of the exact details about the size of the station. Definitely not worth it to wait and let it hold up progress on the store which was ready to move forward.
I thought they would at least show where the utility transformer and switchgear would end up for any DCFC since they are necessary no matter which they choose and planing that from day one would make adding them later much easier. It just doesn't look like there is an optimal location in the current K&G plan.

Reactions: mociaf9
https://supercharge.info/map?siteID=7877

NEVI funded supercharger at the King Soopers located at 3400 Youngfield St, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033.

https://energyoffice.colorado.gov/zero-emissions-vehicles/dcfc-plazas

Go down to link for "Summary of awarded projects"

NEVI map

Applying OrganizationLocation: NameStreetCitySite Host If DifferentHardwareNetworkLocation Funding RequestCharging Stations Requested at LocationkW / PortTotal NEVI
Tesla, Inc.3400 Youngfield Street, Wheat Ridge, Colorado 800213400 Youngfield StreetWheat RidgeShopping CenterTesla Tesla$235,4928250$235,000.00

Reactions: electrons4u
I am too!! It’s so funny, I submitted almost this same location a few months ago. I submitted the old abandoned Mexican restaurant building, hoping Elon/Tesla would turn it into a Tesla Cafe or something! I was surprised at the age of this thread, y’all had the idea to put a charger here way before I did lol

Sadly we recently lost SmashBurger and gained the a boring Five Below, as well as the evil Chik-Fil-A in this area 😢 At least there’s a couple spots for food and coffee still close by.